Input on possible Scout purchase and restoration

Discussion in 'Restoration Purists' started by Steel-Eer, Apr 14, 2018.

1. walkersscout

walkersscout High Wheeler

Judging from the pics I would say it is.

2. blue smoke

blue smoke High Wheeler

Take a road trip or fly out there. You may spend a grand to do it but in the end you will KNOW what you are getting no surprises or let downs when the delivery truck shows up.
    If you have never driven one I believe you should as it is all together different than a newer vehicle.
    I don’t want you to feel the two happiest days with your Scout was the day you first got it and the day you sold it.

TorqueMonster1 and winchested like this.
  3. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

Take it form me I wasted $7k CDN. On my first scout II ssii.... Was worth about $1k I bought it sight unseen... Waste of $6k... But I love it... I'm $12k deep now and mmm... She still doesn't run...

4. Steel-Eer

Steel-Eer Farmall Cub

Pulled the trigger. Engine work should be finished this week. Body work probably over the winter cause I can't wait to get the roof off and drive it! Glad I didn't pay asking price!

Attached Files:

5. scout2000

scout2000 Y-Block King

well. . . . . . . . . . . .congratulations on your purchase. . . . . . . . .but help me out here.

I'm confused.

This thread started out with you looking, and asking about (2) 1964 Scout 80's. . . . .then fell dead for a short period.

Now you have something, and it isn't either (or both) of the Scouts, its a Scout 2.

Again, congrat's on becoming a new Binder owner, but I can't help but feel that there is a significant part of the story we are all missing here? Or maybe I just over looked your posting. If so, sorry about that.

As Paul Harvey's ghost would say, what's the rest of the story?

6. Steel-Eer

Steel-Eer Farmall Cub

Good question S2K. As is with most things in life my lovely wife preferred the newer body style and the one in the pic happened to be for sale locally near Chicago. Less money, no freight, and happy wife. Plus both she and the Scout were officially “born” in ‘80 so there was a connection. I even let her name it - LuLu.

winchested likes this.