IHSTO Binder Bee 2008

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by M. Mayben, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

That's much to advanced for some of the little ones Mark. Though it does lead to some better averages in the frustrated hammer toss.

2. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Drew and Mark! Kidzone is STILL evolving! Getta holt of Kathy and Matt...they are brainstormin' GAMES right now! And while yawl may be jokin'...I'M NOT!!!

I think yore idears are absolutely in the best Binder Bee spirit! And ya both have CURRENT experience with that schnizz/kidz! If I drop sumthin' I don't bother lookin' anymore...jes' go find anutha! Ain't had no kidz arount to pick up stuff in 20+ years!

3. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

Well,

I volunteered for the kids zone last meeting. I thought about doing IH face painting for youngins while I was there.. maybe that could be an event long thing. It's not to hard to paint the IH logo (law allowing that is).

My wife and I would love to help plan out childrens events. I don't have Kathy's email so give her mine would ya Mike?

4. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Matt is responsible for the "events" planning for the Bee, Kathy is assisting.

Matt's email is:

teamguerino@verizon.net

Kathy's is:

kathyschno@gmail.com

Go back to the top of this thread and you find a current listing of Binder Bee committee members and their areas of responsibility.

Mike Roth is again gonna handle the "House of Color" deal which will be expanding this time. But he's not shown in the list...he's already done his duty as Bee Chairman last year! Come to think of it...I WILL add him to the list!

5. Matt G

Matt G Farmall Cub

Activities Overview

OK gang, here's the first official look at the MANY great activities we have in store for this year's Binder Bee! The Bee Show Committee is proud to announce the following lineup of activities, all which reflect IHSTO values such as family, fellowship, history, and our love of old iron.

Technical Activities - Because this is an International Harvester show at heart, those who attend this year's Binder Bee will be privileged to experience several high-quality, informative activities, all led by guys who know their IH jack!

1. Engine Analyzer - you'll have the opportunity to hook your binder up to a classic, full-service diagnostic suite that'll tell you everything you need to know about your rig's health. Sign-ups will be taken at the registration tabel for those displaying IH vehicles. Hosted by BB veteran Mike Mayben and Lyle Wiese.

2. Lubrication 101 - Doc Stewart brings his years of professional teaching experience to the Bee, so you can learn how to keep that old iron rolling like new.

3. Dana 44 Axle/Gear Demo - Dave "The Gear Man" Wimsett served as a dealer rep for IH during the light line years, and has extensive professional automotive experience including a long stint with Dale Earnhardt Racing. Dave brings his bottomless knowledge of Dana gear and axle components to the Bee to teach us all a thing or two (or three) about axles, bearings, gears, and diffys.

Family Activities - IHSTO has always been about family and fellowship, and the Binder Bee is no different. We've expanded this year's slate of activities to make the Binder Bee a great family destination, either for the day or for the entire weekend.

Once again Binder Bee attendees will be able to enjoy the always-popular Willow Creek Railroad - a large scale, rideable model railroad. This year we're also pleased to present the Kidzone, which will host many child-friendly activities throughout the day on Saturday of the show. From painting their own car, to a prize-awarding coloring contest, to games with parents and more, kids of all ages will find the Binder Bee a great way to spend a summer weekend! Overnight campers will also enjoy evening stories for the younger ones, and some great binderbud fellowship for everyone.

Of course all of these fantastic activities are in addition to the many displays of IH logging history that will be featured at this year's show, plus a chance to take in what's simply the best darn collection of IH vehicles, tractors and paraphenelia around.

Be sure to reserve July 11-13 on your calendar for the 2008 Great Western Binder Bee! :rockon:

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  6. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Thanks to ALL who signed up for a volunteer slot at the June IHSTO meeting! It was great to have such a nice turnout once again and see some faces we normally only see on special occasions (like Binder Bee!).

That said, let me do my MONTHLY groveling once again!

We STILL need more help folks! At least half of the available volunteer slots are still open. We're only looking for a couplea hours of your time...since ya'll will already BEE at the BEE, why not take a sitdown in the shade and help out? We're takin' care of "childcare", we'll have a chair for ya, you will make NEW friends, what more could ya want besides a paycheck (DON'T go there!)?

We only gotta a month to go now, things are really coming together nicely with very few "to-do's" left on the punch list. It takes a lotta folks to bring a show the size of the Bee to the public, both behind the scenes and at showtime! WE NEED HELP!!

7. DrMaserati

DrMaserati High Wheeler

As long as I don't have to clean toilets again I can probably be convinced to sign up. I guess the clipboard never made it to my table the other evening. Either that or I was too busy talkin'and missed it.

JP

8. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

THANK YOU JIM!

No toiletdouche for you...that project has been tossed back to the folks that shoulda been doing that job all along!

I put you down for the Registration Tent on Friday, the 11th, 2p>4p. If that's not OK just let me know and I'll move ya somewhere else!

9. ss2

ss2 Farmall Cub

Hey Mike, The clipboard never pass me on Thursday either. I will sit at the IHSTO booth if a slot is open. Let me know. Friday or Sat wolud be best for me as I will probably wheel on Sunday...:clap:

10. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

THANK YOU MIKE!

I put ya down for the IHSTO booth on Saturday, from 2p>4p.

11. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler

I am happy to report pre-registrations are at the same level as last year, even with the higher fuel prices. Thanks to all of you wo have pre-registered. It makes my job a lot easier.

Included with these registrations are over 40 assorted pieces of IH products. Keep the pre-registrations coming folks. The show this year promises to be better then ever.

Lyle

12. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Question:

Is IHCC #30 going to have a booth at the show, and does anyone know if the PTO dynamometer is going to be there again this year?

I want to see what the PTO on the 650 D really puts out! :D

-John

13. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

OK...here's the latest summary of Binder Bee 2008 Sponsors:

#801 Brattain International Trucks, Inc.
    #802 The web site
    #803 TracTracTor Offroad/Dan Hayes
    #804 Dave "Dave The Gear Man" Wimsett
    #805 Warn Industries, Inc.
    #806 IH Only North
    #807 Mr. Scout
    #808 Richard Johnson
    #809 Bisio Motors
    #810 Binder Books
    #811 Isa's International Harvester
    #812 Farmland Tractor Supply, Inc.

And merchandise donations for Saturday evening's BBQ/awards/raffle are really piling up around here! Another batch of stuff for the kidz arrived yesterday!

UPS just left a BIG box full of stuff that has VERY GENEROUSLY been donated by fellow Bindercompadre, Fred Demmon, outta Pearland, TX. Fred is a longtime distributor for Winzer Products, a company I first started doing business with in 1970!

http://www.winzerusa.com/

As a Binderbubba, Fred KNOWS what everyone needs in their home shop arsenal and has provided a full selection of products he offers for some of you to take home Saturday nite! He also provided many of the same items to the Binder Bee last year, so he's surely not a stranger to our family!

THANK YOU FRED!

Let's support those who support IHSTO and the Binder Bee!!!

Tee-shirt art goes to the vendor TODAY!

14. John Donnelly

Hoping to hear an answer to this?

:surrender:

-John

15. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

John,

We are not sure. Early in the planning process this year IHCC 30 informed us the Great Western Binder Bee would not be on their sanctioned show list. We've included past participants in all the mailings that we've issued and extended our normal invitation to the club. I couldn't tell you who is going to be there as I don't know who has preregistered.

Sorry, I can't be more definite then that.

Carl

16. John Donnelly

:(

That's really a shame.

-John

17. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

The Binder Bee is not listed on it's "Sanctioned List" but it is noted in the "Other Shows" list right below it.

18. John Donnelly

Link?

I found this one... the address isn't familiar to me: http://www.all-oregon.com/july.htm

-John

19. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler

John,

Here is what Drew is talking about: http://www.nwihc30.com/

Those from #30 who attended last year's show or are on our regular mailing list received a show brochure in the mass mailing.

Lyle

20. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler

I just received a preview of this year's Binder Bee coin. It is totally awesome thanks to the efforts of Mike Richards stationed in Korea. If you want to be assured of receiving this year's coin, be sure to get your preregistration sent in soon!!

Lyle