IHSTO Binder Bee 2008

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by M. Mayben, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler

2005 is the year the Binder Bee began. Besides, it's Carl's clock. ;)

Lyle

2. timpage

timpage High Wheeler

I always thought Carl ran on a different clock than the rest of us! LOL

3. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Wanna see where the featured rig for Binder Bee 2008 which is depicted in Carl's artwork lives? Go here:

http://www.pacificnwtruckmuseum.org/index.html

We are now accepting registrations and campsite reservations, better act quick if ya wanna RV hookup!

4. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Farmall Cub

I just put in for having Thursday and Friday (July 10,11) off, so other then the time it will take to bring everything down from Yacolt let me know what use I can be on those days.

I don't think I will have any T-bones left at that point, but I should still have hamburger.:cowboy:

5. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Farmall Cub

I would like to post the infromation on the FARMALLCUB.ORG events calander, including the exhibitor app. This is an active group of (obviously) farmall cub and cub cadet enthusiests. There is little going on with farmall cubs in the west, so this may be a good place to put this.

Any ony have a problem with that???

Mike

6. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Go for it Mike, the more the merrier. Either link them to this thread or straight to the IHSTO website.

7. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Farmall Cub

That is a great Pic with the log truck! :beer:
    May be the best so far.

8. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Update on Bee happenin's...

RV camp spots is fillin' up fast, if ya need to plug to play, send inna signup ta Lyle FAST!

Creed Brattain and the Brattain Boys are IN as a vendor/sponsor once again! Thanks folks! They'll be haulin' in an assortment of NEW IH rigs and maybe even a Scout or two! Stop by one of their locations in Portland, Salem, Albany, Springfield, or Bend and tell 'em THANKS for the support of IHSTO and doin' their part in the perpetuation of junkiron!

Shorty's Boys (aka the Maguire Bros.) are on board once agin for grub supply. Since they was weaned around Mineral Wells, TX (home of Crazy Water), they know all about smokin' dead stuff and makin' it taste just right! Thank You Shorty for breedin' these kids! I'll be settin' up MY HQ right by the trimmin' table in the Shorty's compound.

And even though he hates computers and don't have any in his arsenal...Dave (The Gear Man) Wimsett is throwd in with us as a vendor/sponsor also! And he'll be tekkin' with anyone who wants ta listen all day and all nite at the Bee! Dave will be announcing a new line of "affordable" highend IH engine kits for all DIY applications, along with the same for the tractor crowd. And he's the goto dude locally for any kind of axle work, gearschnizz (tons of new and used Dana, 9", and Corporate geargoodies), etc. Stand by for more info... Dave don't do the I-net, ya can only find him at his shop in Glenwood/Eugene or ring him on tha telly (541.912-1698).

We'll start takin' down names on signup sheets for Bee volunteers at the April IHSTO meeting, or gimme a ringup if ya can't be there in person. We need folks ta work both the registration area and work the IHSTO Information Booth. Also need folks to be available starting Wednesday evening (July 9) to assist in setting up the grounds. For the first time evah...looks like WE won't have to handle the garbage and latrine duty! So no worries about bein' asked ta help with that!

Make the Bee yore vacashun destination for 2008! Beats hell outta Dizneewhatever and is way cheeeper!

9. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Our own BinderboundDanHayes has throwd in with us as a Bee sponsor/vendor for the second year inna row! Let's all give Dan a BIG THANK YOU. While doing that ...BUY SUM STUFF from Dan'l so's he can make rent this month!

10. Monte Lauer

Monte Lauer Farmall Cub

I just spoke to M. Mayben today and he said that I was in charge of the latrines. Anybody want to trade jobs?

11. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Actually Monte, the Powerland crew will DO latrine service or we just don't give 'em their cut when we settle up!

I wuz thinkin' more along the lines offa shoe shine concession, fragrances, warm towels, etc. for you to oversee. And keepin' an eye out for Larry Craig since a buncha them Ideehoho Binderfolk is plannin' to show up this side of tha border. That esteemed public servant jes' might try and sneek in with 'em lookin' for sum local instruction in tap dancin' so we needa Blackwater kinda dude to keep an eyeball peeled.

12. timpage

timpage High Wheeler

I thought this was traditionally Dr. Masarati's job?

13. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

Someone told me new members had to carry around a bucket. I asked what the bucket was for and he said "Ever seen History of the World Part I?":no:. Not Good.

14. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Considerin' that Timmyboy now hangs out in the land of buckets inna shed, where collectible Sears and Monkeywards catalogs (and corn cobs) is still a way of life, mabee HE needs to be flown out for the summer and re-lern flushtoiletology by servin' time with the Powerland Maintenace Department?

But then...I heerd Timmy has an injunction filed that sez he cain't come across the Continental Deevide??

Dam right I kin sez stuff like that...I usta stay back in Kintuck hizownself.

Timmy is jes' now understandin' that term I taught him..."kultureshock".

Doc Maserferrari is gittin' a promotion this year regarding his Bee responsibilities...he jes' don't know WHAT that promotion is all about...yet.

15. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

16. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

I ran out of poster. I have someone who MC's every major car show in Oregon and would like to take a stack of posters to post at those car shows.

Any printed glossy's left?

17. Lyle Wiese

Lyle Wiese High Wheeler

Yes, we have plenty. How many would your friend like. I can send them to you or PM/email me his address and I can send them directly. Your choice.

Lyle

18. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

OK IHSTO members...it's time to PUT UP or shut up!

Binder Bee '08 planning is RAPIDLY moving forward, the event is shaping up to be HUGE in terms of the IH enthusiast world. Pre-registrations are on pace with last year so it looks like fuel costs will NOT be a deterrent to attendance. Lot's of stuff going on....really NICE stuff coming in for the raffle!

At last week's club meeting I passed around sign up sheets for VOLUNTEERS to give just TWO HOURS of time to helping us with just ONE aspect of the Bee. Exactly ONE member did that...THANK YOU DREW!

This event is shaping up to be NATIONAL in scope right now...we NEED club members to step up and INSURE that our visitors enjoy an experience that can make Binder Bee the PREMIER (and unique) IHC-related event in the U.S. for the future.

Many IHSTO volunteers in prior years have made the show what it is today based on hard work and committment, those folks need a break so that THEY can also enjoy the activities as a participant, not a workerBEE!

I have attached a doc/pdf file that you can use to sign up for ANY block of time for any activity with which we need help. Just call or email either Kathy or I to sign up! We'll periodically update the activity sheet so all participants may see who amongst us will support the Bee this year.

We need commitment NOW...not just on the day of the event when ya "might" show up to play! We're ONLY talkin' TWO HOURS here! Not all day/all weekend!

And...a SPECIAL BIG THANK YOU to Richard Johnson for taking care of ALL the very high quality printing work that is needed for producing this show! The multi-page brochure which Carl has laid out, and Richard is printing, will be available for distribution at the IHSTO Coonsmoke down here on the 17th!

Richard has CERTAINLY done his part!

Come ON!!! Make it happen!

Attached Files:

19. Monte Lauer

Monte Lauer Farmall Cub

Ok Mike, put me down for courtesy patrol from 12-2 pm on Sat. I should be able to make the event provided no drastic changes happen at the Hospital between now and then. By the way what is courtesy patrol?

20. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Yore IN Monte!

"Courtesy Patrol"...that's like them folks at Dizneeland what help folks out who are LOST or need ta know how ta transplant a Chrysler heart/lung unit from tha boneyard inta some IH junkiron!

Practice yore "Officer Friendly" attitude, find somma them mirrored sunglasses too! And I'll be sendin' ya a copy of our OWN "rules and regs" that are much more appropriate than the basics that Powerland expects which were developed for Steam Up!

But...have FUN with it!

Thanks Dude for steppin' up, ya scored major points arount here!