IHC, IH, International symbold, logos, etc?

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by IH64Scout, Dec 13, 2011.

1. IH64Scout

IH64Scout Dreams of Cub Cadets

Alright, i found a few searching google, but i know this is the best place to find what i'm looking for. can everyone post the International logos here? i mean from way back in the 1800's when it was the "IHC Globe" through the triple diamonds, the "man on the tractor", to the International "open road". doesn't matter if it's from the tractors, trucks, refidgerators, or big rigs. I'd like to see all the differents logo's throughout the years...i think i may have a kind of crazy idear.... :cornfused::D

2. tdc

tdc Dreams of Cub Cadets

combine, Travelall

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. IH64Scout

good start, thank you! :beer:

-Jon

4. 1966 Travelette

1966 Travelette Farmall Cub

5. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

That's as good as it gets for logo/emblem changes laid out all in one place. I have one observation, though...

This is not entirely correct. I have quite a few pieces of literature, paperwork, etc that all have it with the opposite corners rounded. Even stuff produced in one given year has one brochure showing it one way, and another piece with it the other way.:oops:

Case in point...this is a 1980 Scout decal, and was NOS in the IH bag when I got it back in the 80's from a dealership. There was a stack of about 6 of them, and I still have a few:
    [​IMG]

I make all of mine like the one above...upper left and lower right corners rounded. I have actually had folks ask me why I make them "wrong" at the shows, and I always tell 'em to find a 1980 with original paint, and look at the tailgate...if they have anymore questions come back and see me.:yes: That said, I will freely admit, MOST of the stuff IH put out has it like the website says, and not like the 1980 decal and my stuff...I know because I look at everything I see, now...just out of curiosity.;)

6. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

Bet that was original a mistake with a reversed negitive some where.I learned 2 new interesting things today,thanks Mike
    Jeff

7. IH64Scout

i ALWAYS wondered that. i thought i t was like a copyright thing somepone did so it was 100% the same!

thanks!
    -Jon

8. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Just to REALLY flub up everything...my factory installed 1980 tailgate decal like the one I show above (I put that one on the fender myself) has ALL FOUR of those corners rounded.:cornfused: