IH Parts America Power Outage Statement

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Bruce Shealy, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Bruce Shealy

Bruce Shealy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

IHPA is closed at this time due to the mandatory Pacific Gas and Power California Brownout. They have no electricity , no phones, no internet and cannot communicate with their customers at all. Jeff Ismail is doing some contact on orders he is aware of with customers he has cell hone details with. Please bear with them as they deal with this unfortunate situation. Jeff and his crew cannot work as they have no electricity whatsoever at the shop or office . This is very frustrating for them as well as his customers .We will let you know when IHPA has power restored. Thanks.

2. Mark Pietz

Mark Pietz High Wheeler

While it may be amusing that karma may be catching up with the land of fruits and nuts, the situation is unfortunate. I live in the Sierra foothills not all that far from IHPA, and the lack of electricity has shut down a huge number of businesses and infrastructure. I am running a generator (fortunate to have!) to keep essentials going, like a freezer and refrigerator, and am using a propane lantern for lighting. Our fear is that this may be the new "normal".

3. scout2000

scout2000 Lives in an IH Dealership

It is the norm in many countries.

Chris Cooper and stroker3 like this.
  4. theloneduck

theloneduck Binder Driver

i saw it could be up to 5 days??

5. tim vaughan

tim vaughan Farmall Cub

The people's Republic of California

Darrell Tuxworth and stroker3 like this.
  6. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

Back on. Now !

tim vaughan likes this.
  7. Ron A

Ron A High Wheeler

For those who have not noticed, California has been turning into a third world state for a while now.

8. stroker3

stroker3 Lives in an IH Dealership

Unfortunately too many haven't . They're way too distracted by visions of rainbows and butterflies in the sky to notice the rats and snakes at their feet.

9. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

Well put

scout2000 and tim vaughan like this.
  10. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

The rats (roofrats in the suburbs, homeless rats along the freeways, etc. and mexican rats growing dope in the woods) are the problem; if we had more snakes, they would take care of the rats better (except for the mexican rats that kill everything to protect their crop).

upload_2019-10-12_8-52-30.jpeg
    Instead of clean air and rainbows, the sky is full of ash and smoke because the state and federal regulations (new ones under obama) have prevented proper maintenance of the forests and grasslands; even the native Indians knew better four hundred years ago.

11. Ron A

Ron A High Wheeler

And that is no joke. Carbofuran is the killer of choice. I doubt they measure, if a little is good more is better. The cleanup on these grows is a full blown hazmat operation. One grow at around 7,000 feet, had one dead bear to go with a pile of other animals. Flies landing on the carcasses were dying. I would seriously suggest anyone smoking that stuff grow their own or don't use it. When the USFS brings in the piles of dripline it is not even safe to reuse. It is that bad. I suppose to keep this on topic, sort of, if any of you are out wheeling, do not salvage buckets, dripline, etc... while out on our public lands. If you see weird activity, just get out of the area. And watch your pets. If your dogs or kids get into dripline that has carbofuran running through it, bad things can happen.

kevingweq and stroker3 like this.
  12. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

Yes, you've described that well; such situations have been mentioned here before but I see no reason not to give a link for that earlier mention which has some worthwhile related links of its own:
    http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php?threads/marijuana-and-lung-cancer.142052/#post-1075751
    I'm familiar with a number of big busts in the SF bay area, and know well some of the lands they were on. In fact, I reported one of the sites but only found it after the harvest.

stroker3 likes this.
  13. Gunfighter97

Gunfighter97 Binder Driver

I frankly have no words for pg&e that I can post here other than the fact that if they werent so greedy they couldve buried every line in the state with what theyve lost in burnt out equipment, lawsuits, and other damages. Instead we get non existant feild worker management, equipment we pay for maintained worse than my ih was, and no doubt hundreds of ruined locks/gates across the state cut by workers accessing private property without notice to the owner. And in my case a worker we caught breaking into my automatic gates controll box to access without notice. I largely blame local government; they ruin everything they touch and we pay them to do it. Now they have a law written up to make pg&e not responsible for fire damage caused by their own lack of maintenance. Gotta love gov am i right?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

14. Gunfighter97

I frankly have no words for pg&e that I can post here other than the fact that if they werent so greedy they couldve buried every line in the state with what theyve lost in burnt out equipment, lawsuits, and other damages. Instead we get non existant feild worker management, equipment we pay for maintained worse than my ih was, and no doubt hundreds of ruined locks/gates across the state cut by workers accessing private property without notice to the owner. And in my case a worker we caught breaking into my automatic gates controll box to access without notice. I largely blame local government; they ruin everything they touch and we pay them to do it. Now they have a law written up to make pg&e not responsible for fire damage caused by their own lack of maintenance. Gotta love gov am i right?

tim vaughan likes this.
  15. scout2000

Full disclaimer, the closest I've been to California was during my time in the military, coming from overseas to a CONUS assignment in 1993, I shipped a car to San Diego then drove it cross country. Less than 24 hours in the land of fruit and nuts.

That out of the way, I have no doubt that IHPA is hit hard, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion thread.

That out of the way, isn't California the state that is both leading the way, and mandating solar cell usage in certain area's? At least for most city area's in the continental US, stable power I would expect to be pretty common.

I would think that the "alternate energy" thing would, at least to a small extent, dampen the hurt.

Can you comment any on this?

16. winchested

winchested Y-Block King

funny you mention that, My shift partners uncle is a rich old engineer living in california and even where he lives due to the smoke from the fires his solar cells are not able to recharge his batteries. He stated he needs to buy more batteries to have more and longer capacity. But apparently his estate is completely off the grid.

stroker3, tim vaughan and scout2000 like this.
  17. scout2000

Thanks for the reply. That has got to be some thick smoke !

I'm aware that solar cells will generate some electricity, although at a diminished capacity, on cloudy days. I'm sitting here stymied as I attempt to envision the amount of smoke that would greatly hamper electricity generation on an otherwise sunny day.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    stroker3 likes this.
  18. Gunfighter97

Depends on elevation above sea level. Im in placer county on a real tall part of the first row of foot hills, smoke slightly inpacts charge. What got it was the ash fallout. My solar panels dont run my house, i have a generator. They feed pg&es line to cusion the handy man jack they keep using on their rates.

19. Gunfighter97

Also solar is great untill you realize you need a bank of batteries that costs almost as much as the tesla car they came out of in order to be practical. Wind turbines work, untill they dont, just like solar. In the end it comes down to good ol internal combustion engines. Btw, when you plug in your eco friendly, tree huggin electro whisper car, you know youre charging it with the equivalent of an 1800s coal fired steam locomotive right? The same ones that power your house and most of the country?

stroker3 likes this.
  20. stroker3

stroker3 Lives in an IH Dealership

With the ongoing push towards EV's, kinda wondering how the power outage/ shutdown effects those drivers.

tim vaughan and Gunfighter97 like this.