IH Driving

Discussion in 'Mid-South Binders' started by J. David Oldham, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Mater

Mater Farmall Cub

Every time I read your road trip stories, it motivates me even more to get my scout on the road!

2. J. David Oldham

J. David Oldham Farmall Cub

The Express if far from finished, if that is possiable. But the driving and running gear is in great shape. Every trip I find problems that need to be fixed.
    But it is getting better.
    She sent off for carpet samples the other day & should be in soon.
    Looks like the extended trip is a go. Taking son's Dura-max pulling RV & Scout for chase truck & ride around truck. Going to diffrent RV parks & stay gone mabye a month. Should be fun.

3. J. David Oldham

Road trip! :banana::bananrap:
    Wife flys into D. today & youngest son gets in to GBC tomorrow from storm duty in OK. Going to drive TJ Express down to RV for weekend. Taking the smoker with me and going to have a cook out. :clap:
    My meatloaf cooked on a smoker. YUM YUM !!

4. J. David Oldham

Well guys & girls made it back from Tx a week ago Monday. Nothing to report another 12-14 hr. driving with no problems. Did not turn a wrench the whole trip. We road all over E. Tx looking at property & rides we had a long weekend togather & visited young son.
    & G.F.
    I thought I left my computer in the RV. (why I didn't post return), wife got back from Az. to RV & said it wasn't down there. Went & did a serch and found pooter under pass seat. Dumb-de-Dumb-Dumb! :cornfused::stupid:
    Found out when I returned that the TJ Express is a true International. It leaks. Went out after road trip and had a spot of tranmission fluid the size of a silver doller on carport floor. :whip:
    I have a little money to spend on the Express. Shoping for carpet, shocks and finish AC. Any sugestions on where to spend my money?

5. J. David Oldham

P. S. I forgot. All did not go well on the trip to Gun Barrel City in the Express.
    Going around Anthen Tx on the 4 lane loop we hit a big black hog. :saddam:
    There was a sow & smaller hog ran out of the woods. I could tell she was on a mission & running hard. I started saying "Oh S..." & steering left and braking hard. "think I got out 3 O. S. before impact." People I was meeting started to brake and pull right knowing I was in a bind. I got to the turn lane & down to about 20 mph before the hit.
    I clipped her in the head with right front bumper & got her good with rear wheel. Then things picked up! :censored: Try running over a 150 lb hog on 1 rear wheel. :angel:
    I tweeked front bumper but nothing major. Scout 1 hog 0. :banana::bananrap:
    I left her in the road ( no way to clean or take care of meat). Guy behind me in SUV stopped too. I think he hit the smaller one. If he did, bet he didn't come out as good as we did. :cornfused:

6. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

LOL, wow that's crazy !

7. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Wow, david. I'm glad your all right. How funny that you had to leave razorback country to hit one in tx! Crazy.

8. J. David Oldham

Ain't that the truth. :cornfused: Drive down there to hit one & they are all around here in the bottoms & behind my house.
    Oh well it turned out good and no major damage. Might have been diffrent if had hit her at the indicated 70 mph we were going. Glad there was no one in left lane by me when I started to dodge her. :beer:
    Did tweek my best Scout front bumper. :censored:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017