I need dashboard connectors. '62 Scout

Discussion in 'Scout Connection' started by boilerboy1945, Sep 9, 2013.

1. boilerboy1945

boilerboy1945 Farmall Cub

I am down to the last few items to finish my '62 Scout. In the dashboard instrument displays, there are two connectors that require a 5/8" hole, and a single connector, TWO WIRE feed. These connectors do not have a base ground at the gauge. I am having much difficulty finding a few of these old connectors....I did not have the original wiring harness to use for salvage when I started this project a year ago. I've tried "converting" single-wire connectors,which are used in other gauges in this vehicle, but none can be effectively adapted.

Anyone have any sources, or suggestions for getting a couple of these connectors? One instrument bulb, two wire feed and no grounding to the case.

Thanks,
    Ron
    brittany1945-rjh@yahoo.com

2. Bill Bennett

Bill Bennett High Wheeler

Picture??

3. boilerboy1945

boilerboy1945 Farmall Cub

Thanks for your response.
    No, I don't have the ability to post photos on this site. However, The part is shown on the ScoutParts.com site. their P/N is SP17735. The IH number is: 161998R11. This insulated two wire connector is used in the OIL and ALT light circuits in the 80/800 and many subsequent models. These were found in my own vehicle prior to restoration, but were inadvertently THROWN OUT! A real no-no for restorers, right?