Hood help needed

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Hutch, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

well, I've finally made it back up to WY to finish up some work and gather the scout and my tools for trip back down to AZ. I've got the scout up and running after an extended install of a "new" 304. Just installed a battery isolater and aux. battery, and replumbed the OBA. All that is left now is getting the hood back on. I got it attached, and being somewhat eager to get out on the road, acidentally latched it while it wasn't aligned correctly. I think I tweeked it a bit, and am wondering if anyone has aany advice on working out the proper alignment and fit, and assuming it is slightly bent now, straighting it so it will close and latch correctly.
    So far my technique has been - have two buddies hold it, tighten two bolts on each hinge close to check alighnment, repeat. haven't been able to get it yet, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or tricks.
    Thanks!

2. Drive A Scout

Drive A Scout Farmall Cub

What I usually do is spraypaint where the hinge bolts to the hood before I put it on so I have a point of reference. Since its out of alignment, try to "eyeball" it and mark it with a marker or paint, lightly let the hood close, and then make any corrections using the markings as a guide of what direction you need to go.

HTH.