Holley 0-4412S questions

Discussion in '"International" Harvesters' started by Farmaller, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Farmaller

Farmaller Farmall Cub

IMG_20161130_175922151.jpg Putting a new Holley on the 345 in my 1600. All the pics I see show a tube coming from the hole in just above the idle mixture screw. This came out of the box like you see it. Am i missing something here?

2. Tucker H

Tucker H Farmall Cub

I feel you will get a faster response in the General IH Tech Fourm instead of the "International" Harvesters forum. More people frequent the Tech pages and deal with similar issues/ questions as you have asked.
    I do agree something does not look right to me either, but i have never owned a 2bbl International before so I am not 100% positive myself.

3. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

I don't remember stock holleys with that bowl with that metering block.Is the hole all the way through or is it blocked off,I have a few metering blocks in my parts pile with that hole blocked off back in alittle ways.Not all the carbs I have are stock ih though.

4. Farmaller

Farmaller Farmall Cub

I'm guessing it's blocked off because when I had it running I covered it and there was no difference in the idle. I took a small wire and gently put it in. It goes in about 3/8 or so and stops.

5. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

On the carbs with the port there its for ported vacume,on your carb it could be somewhere else,or might not have ported ,as back in the 60's all carbs didn't hae ported.

6. Darrel

Darrel Y-Block King

That hole on the metering body is plugged. There will be a couple of vacuum ports on the throttle body. One for manifold vacuum and one for ported vacuum. Plus a port for the PCV as well. Try finding the manual on the Holley website if there wasn't one in the box.

BTW, Holley recommends the 350 cfm 2 barrel for that size engine.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  7. Erik VanRenselaar

Erik VanRenselaar Y-Block King

The Holley 4412S 500 cfm carb is made for circle track racing. Race cars don't need vacuum advance, so on some of the 4412 metering blocks that hole is not drilled through (or is plugged) for a hose nipple.

8. Darrel

Darrel Y-Block King

It still has an vacuum advance port. It's just on the throttle body instead of the metering block.

Farmaller likes this.