Hello, New Here from Va...

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by chemnurse, Feb 18, 2018.

1. chemnurse

chemnurse Farmall Cub

Hello all, I am in Va and am new to the page. I grew up with a 60s model 80 and now I have a 71 Scout 800 RHD model that I am working on. I am converting it to 4x4, installing a chevy 4.3 and basically just making a beach toy for summers at Nags Head. Looking forward to some info here.
    When I got it to my shop I had my kiddo powerwash it, and I put fresh gas and a battery in it and managed to get it running. With a tune up the 196 would run very well, I just want a bit more power and a modern set up. I am going to be fabbing up bumpers and side steps, staying with the original paint color and using bed liner for the floors once im done with the mods.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

IMG_3126.JPG IMG_3137.jpg

Attached Files:

2. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Hey man, great to have have you in the ODBA. We have a Facebook page that most of us use more than this site. We still log on here too, but Facebook is easier, so if you use Facebook join up. If not it’s ok, we will check in here from time to time. Nice looking Postal Scout. Scoutco up in Harrisonburg has a 4x4 frame engine and all from a 71 Scout, if you are looking for parts. He is our go to guy here in the ODBA for Scout parts. If he doesn’t have it, he’ll know where to get it. If you ask questions on here or Facebook, im sure Mike Moore will answer any you may have. We try to get together a couple times a year as a club. Hope to see you out at an event.