Heartland IH Spring Meeting 2012

Discussion in 'Heartland International' started by Meat Man, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Meat Man

Meat Man Farmall Cub

Heartland IH is planning to have our spring meeting on April 21. We will have a Camping, Wheeling and Shooting weekend at Tuttle Creek OHV Area.
    • Camping will be at Fancy Creek campground.
    • Wheeling will be at Tuttle Creek OHV.
    • Shooting
    will be at the Fancy Creek Shooting Range.

We will be meeting up with a group of folks from the Manhattan area. I believe they go by the name of “The Off Road Group”. Most of them drive Fords, maybe a couple of Jeeps. One of the members is Curtis Ritz, some of you may remember him from the early days of the Sunflower Show. Should be fun having some new faces around.

Schedule
    Meet at the parking area at the OHV area between 9-10 am.
    We’ll ride the trails and stop for lunch. Bring your own trail lunch.
    The club meeting will be at 5:30pm. We will have a BBQ dinner at the same time. Not sure if this will be at the campground or at the Randolph City Park.

Camping will be overnight on Saturday for those interested. Lots of primitive sites, electric/water available for tents and RV’s. Water and shower house is just down the road a mile.
    There have been some recent improvements to the Fancy Creek campground, but I can’t find specific information. Also can’t find what the camping fee is.

Shooting range is open from 10am –4pm Saturday and Sunday. Range fee is $10 per shooter, observers free.
    Bring your eyes and ears, targets available or bring your own. The have pistol and 50 & 100 meter rifle ranges.
    http://www.kdwpt.state.ks.us/Services/Education/Shooting-Ranges/Fancy-Creek-Range

Call me if you have questions. Cell phone is 785 four five six 5405

Hope to see you there!

Nathan

2. nekbinders

nekbinders Binder Driver

Got scout ready today! Forgot that I still need to get another axle shaft ready, though.

3. Carl Howard

Carl Howard Farmall Cub

Hey guys, where is Tuttle Creek located in Kansas? I'm in south central Oklahoma and might want to do a shake down cruise on the Travelall. I think it's fairly road worthy now.

I'm just trying to figure out how many miles it would be if I were to make the trip. I would like to meet Dan Knoll (nekbinder) and talk about Travelall parts. From everything I have read on the Planet he has a stash of parts.

Regards, Carl

4. nekbinders

nekbinders Binder Driver

Yes, I have a stash. If you were keeping up on the perkins ta 4x4 conversion, I supplied all his parts. Too bad it never got finished. Tuttle Creek ORV is about 20 minutes north of Manhattan on 77.

5. Carl Howard

Carl Howard Farmall Cub

Dan, Thanks for the information, I was following the Perkins TA 2 wheel to 4 wheel conversion. I'm like you too bad it didn't get finished. I have never met the guy although he is probably within 50 miles of me. When he put the truck up for sale I wanted to go take a look but the asking price scared me off. I did see on the Planet he was talking to AZDiesel about a possible trade for a Travellette.

Back to my issues, I have 2 travelall's one is a 1967 1200C 4X4 Barn Door. Its a good runner. I bought it up in Oregon several years ago and drove it home. It's a 304 4 speed wide ratio with a mid 80's Chevy 3/4 ton axle swap front and rear with 4:10 gears and 16" wheels with the original power brake setup. It also has a Scout 32 gallon steel gas tank in the rear. I would drive this one anywhere.

The other one is a 1968 1200C 4X4 wide ratio 4 speed with 4:10 big six IH axles. It is a Tail gate truck with factory power steering power brake and dealer installed air conditioning. I posted a thread on the old Binder B site when I was working on a motor swap on it.

What I'm looking for is a complete power steering setup, pump, pump mounting bracket, pully, steering box and hopefully a 1968 steering column. basically everything to convert the 1967 1200C to power steering.

I am also looking for a good tailgate for the 1968 Travelall. When I say good I'm talking about one with no rust and stress cracks around the hinge area's. It can have some dings and the glass isn't important I have a good window.

So what say you? Can you help me out? Manhatten is closer to me than Reserve. If you have the parts I need I could meet up with you at Tuttle Creek. I might just come anyway.
    You can PM me or reply on this thread. I'm subscribed.

Regards, Carl

6. Carl Howard

Carl Howard Farmall Cub

Heartland Guys, I enjoyed the short time spent together. It's always nice to meet IH afficinado's. We pulled out of Fancy Creek Camp grounds Sunday Morning around 8:30 and had a smooth run back to the house. We logged a little over 900 miles on the old Travelall. Made one stop just north of Strong City at the old Jones Bros. Ranch. It was interesting. I can't believe that place was built in a couple of years way back in the 1870's and is now still intact as a National Park. We took quite a few pictures if anyone is interested I'll post a few.

Carl