Harvester Homecoming Special Display

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by BinderBookie, Jul 17, 2019.

1. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

I'll be doing an historical presentation at Harvester Homecoming in Fort Wayne the weekend of the 10th. There will be a Chronological display of Scouts inside an air-conditioned building on the Scout factory grounds, starting with the very first Scout FC501 (or what's left of it) and at least one of the Last Day Scouts, if not the official LAST Scout, plus a 1981 Scout prototype SSV. Optimally, it would be wonderful to have a stock example of most every year and many of the special models but that's probably not realistic (but a Scout Geek can Dream!). We have some very fine Scouts already signed up but there are gaps. So, if you have a restored to stock or original stock Scout of any year, you plan on being at the Homecoming and you would like to participate, get with me here or in a PM. There are a few conditions beside being largely stock, the main one being able to leave the Scout inside from about 10AM to about 4PM.

Also, I will be doing a presentation at Nats this year on reading Line Setting Tickets, so if you you are going to be there and want to learn a few tips for reading them, I'll be your Huckleberry. If you have an LST with you, after the lecture, I will be happy to go over it with you.

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

Nice job Jim !

3. erkmar1961scout

erkmar1961scout Farmall Cub

We’re looking forward to being part of such an elite group of Scouts.

4. MattKelley

MattKelley Farmall Cub

Hello,
    I have a 1965 Scout 80 Champagne Series Scout... It is not perfect, but it is pretty original. It does move under its own power, but not perfect...I live about 4 hours from Fort Wayne...I maybe able to get there on August 10th. It is something that would be of interest and what you would be looking for? Please see my gallery 1965 Scout 80 Champange Series Please let me know your thoughts. Matt

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  5. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

Thanks Matt. While you are certainly welcome at the event and I'm sure many would enjoy seeing yours, we are looking for more complete and readily identifiable examples for the historical display. If the top was on it and it had the right wheels and hubcaps....

6. MattKelley

MattKelley Farmall Cub

Thank you for your response...I do have the original color match top and chrome hub caps. I was just seeking guidance and seeing if there was a need...I'm sure someone will have a much better example of a 80 with a turbo to display. Thanks again! Matt