Hard Core Wheeling, Sept 6th!

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by binderbound, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

I don't generally snoop around on this forum, but I was looking at the pics in this thread, and I noticed a doobie that would make Cheech and Chong jealous in the above pic. Maybe it's just my son's "Highlights" magazines that's got me looking for hidden objects.:wacko:

Hint: Look just left of the roof on the 'Cruiser.

2. dboy

dboy Farmall Cub

and they say everythings bigger in texas, apparentlly they havnt been to oregon.

3. jemarshall64

jemarshall64 Farmall Cub

Are there any new updates/words on this run? In lamins terms, is there still gunna be carnage :stuart: :D !!

4. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

Yes -- there will be carnage.:clap:

5. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

I 'think' I might have jenn(OregonGirlScout) talked into wheeling in with us. She wants to try the little loop first and go from there. I honestly think the little loop is pretty nasty because everybody runs it, since its the first thing they see. So, it gets more torn up. The big loop carries more weight because it has some nasty obsticals and more pressure not to break, since your so far down in the hole. The big loop can be as easy or hard as you make it.

I need to get busy on my rig. Get my spares packed up and few other doo dads.

I'm pulling out my locking hubs and putting in my drive slugs. Square tube spare drive shaft. Replacement shafts. Give the rig the once over.

6. jemarshall64

jemarshall64 Farmall Cub

I am gunna try makin it. Got to get new springs and new, ummm, thing the drive line bolts to, cant think of the name right now for some reason. Last time I took it out playin I unsprung the rear springs which equals massive axel wrap, which equals 1 U-joint ripped in half and major carnage. Got to restock the spare parts too, but got a month. Realy hopin to make it, the last time I was in there I barley limped it out, would like to make another run at it.

7. jemarshall64

jemarshall64 Farmall Cub

ok, just got email today from Stephanie Beall sayin trails were shut down, is this gunna cause a problem by then?

8. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Its rare that they shut the trails down, especially class 2 trails. My last chat with the ranger, I was told, the rules just get inforced a lot harder. IE: 36" handled shovel, fire extinguisher, axe, no 'glass pack' style muffler, no smoking outside of vehicle...ALL REQUIRED, in every rig. We will be in the most barren and open space in all of TSF. If we start a fire in the crushers, somebody deserves an award.

9. David Alt

David Alt Farmall Cub

Have fun guys - I am in a walking cast with a broken foot, so not good for walking through rocks.

But... I did show you the climb a tree winch point trick one time though, right? Worked great the last time.

10. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

OK David, you'll be there in spirit:)

Update!

Meeting place wil be Gales Creek shell station, on hwy 6 at 9am. SS2, if your coming you can try and catch us in Newberg, we're rolling about 8:15. I think were gonna have more spectators than rigs but thats fine. I love having my picture taken. Anybody coming from the other side of the mountains can meet ua at the ODOT sand pit about 9:30.

I'm planning on towing all the way up to the crushers. If I gotta limp out on 3 wheels and a chunk of wood, I want my trailer close. Plus, it would be nice to have extra parts/tools close at hand in the event of major disaster.

Lube up the high lifts, re-spool your winch lines, take inventory of your spares, start doing calistenics, its gonna be fun :hammer:

11. ss2

ss2 Farmall Cub

I'm still planing on being there. But my new axle shafts are not looking like they will make it in time. :confused: Which is ok I guess cause I'd rather brake the old ones then the new ones...:hammer: I'm still trying to round up a 35" spare. But I did get my fan problem fixed from the last trip. :clown:

12. dboy

dboy Farmall Cub

i will most likelly be there but not wheeling the hardcore stuff, you can use my spare 35" mtr if it is needed.

13. ss2

ss2 Farmall Cub

That would be great. Is it on a 5x5.5 wheel?:beer:

14. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

It should be since he is on scout II axles.

I know its a ways out still but the weather is looking decent for the run.

BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY

If our last couple times out is an indicator, you'll need it.

Just to give everybody an idea of what to expect as far as the run goes.... Lots of stop and go. Go 50ft then stop to watch the guy in front try an obstical. Then you try it. Then you go 50ft and stop to watch the guy behind you try it. Then you move off the trail while you help fix the guy 3 rigs back. Then you move 50ft, etc... LOTS of good spectating. Those coming to watch for a while, bring a cushion to sit on. Lots of rocks to sit and watch from, problem is they are kinda hard :stuart: Bring extra camera batteries, lots of photo op's. I'm gonna be trying some very difficult, buggy only sections, just to see if I can. Mike(SS2) will be leaving behind lots of shiny green and brown metal flakes. Those might make artistic photos.

Cant wait!

15. ss2

ss2 Farmall Cub

Any paint left behind will be the spotters fault......:hammer: So you better bring your A game that day...:gunsmilie:

16. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Hey, I'm gonna have my hands full with myself. I won't have time to change your diapers too. You better buy stock in bondo.

17. jemarshall64

jemarshall64 Farmall Cub

Ok,

Just double checkin for meetin place. How far down Hwy 26 is gtales creek station, and do they sell ORV stickers? Its been a while since I headed down that way and I am more used to meeting at jones creek. Besides that, truck is loaded, 90% of spares are in, and most of the tools. :gunsmilie:

18. jemarshall64

jemarshall64 Farmall Cub

Never mind, finally found the link to the ORV sticker sales location, yes they sell them, and it gave the address. See you there.

19. michaeldimock

michaeldimock Binder Driver

Might show up and be a spectatin person. :sailor: Have to see what the ol schedule has me doing for the weekend, oh wait, that'll be working on the scout, like I've done every weekend for the past 1 1/2 years! Hope to see you all there.

20. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

That's great Michael! You can get directions online or you can meet us at the gas station on hwy 6 (gales creek). I really hope you can make it. I think it will open your eyes some.