Great Review for Anything Scout

Discussion in 'Anything Scout' started by D. Webb, Mar 5, 2009.

1. D. Webb

D. Webb Farmall Cub

Yesterday I recieved my Windshield Wiper Conversion Kit for my Scout II. All parts and peices were accounted for and were a Great Fit!

They were packaged very well and shipped quickly. If I remember correctly I ordered them on the 27th of Feb. and yesterday was the 4th.

I placed my order via their website. It was very easy to use and took no time at all. I thought the price for the wiper kit and shipping were fair.

There were no instruction included, but for this application do you really need them?? Its pretty cut and dry.

Overall I had a good experience with Anything Scout. I won't hesitate to give them more business in the future.

DWebb

2. medium8080

medium8080 Farmall Cub

I have been a customer of Anything Scout for 10 years now, since way back when they were in Palo Alto, and I can't say enough great things about these guys. Sean has really done a great job with the business and he has really helped me out over the years. He has always given me good, honest, advice and his quality of workmanship and service are both outstanding.

Anything Scout is dedicated to Scout enthusiasts.

If you're interested, then my rig is "Time & Money" in the fleet section on their page.

3. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

medium8080;
    Did you know Jim when he had the business? I think he started in Redwood City and was in Mountain View before going to Palo Alto. I don't remember when Sean got involved, but did meet him a few times before the big move away.
    What stuff have you purchased from Anything Scout, and/or did you mainly get work done? Just curious.

4. medium8080

medium8080 Farmall Cub

Yeah, I knew Jim, he was quite the character. I purchased my Scout through Bill when he worked there and Jim owned it. That was when the shop was in Mt View, and they had the yard in East Palo Alto. I was in high school then and the guys at Anything Scout were a whole new breed to me. I knew nothing about vehicles, and I just bought a Scout that constantly broke down on me, so I turned to Anything Scout when I needed parts, info, or service.

Almost everything on my Scout has been replaced or rebuilt, so I have purchased a lot of parts from Anything Scout over the years.

I always tried to work on my Scout myself, but when I simply couldn't, I would bring it to Anything Scout because they always had the knowledge that other shops didn't, and they always took care of me.

When Sean took over Anything Scout and moved it to San Jose, I continued to go to him for all my Scout needs because his Scout knowledge and customer service was awesome. When I went to school in San Diego and worked up in the Bay Area during the Summers, I would have a bad habit of earning money all Summer, then at the end, right before I had to leave back for school, I would decide to pull off big projects on my Scout. One time I only had a day to install my Howell fuel injection, before driving back to San Diego for school. There was no way I could do it in a day, so I called up Sean freaking out. He said "no worries, bring it in today, it will be done tomorrow." He did what he said he would do, the install was clean, and I made it back to San Diego in time for my first day of classes.

Another end of Summer story with Anything Scout, I had just picked up my Scout from the car stereo shop, they had installed a killer system. I drove over to Anything Scout to pick up a random part that I needed, on the way there I was blasting my new stereo. When I got to Anything Scout I learned that I just fried my alternator and ended up cooking the **** out of my wires. I was unaware that bumping a 500 watt sub amp and 200 watt speaker amp were too much for 1972 Scout wiring. I was driving back down to San Diego the next morning and needed a high output alternator asap, so Sean sold me his custom built alternator from his truck, swapped it in on the spot, and gave me a some electrical advice to keep my truck from catching on fire.

It's experiences like this that keep me going back to Anything Scout. When I recently swapped out my D30 front axle for a D44 with disc brakes, I called up Sean and he answered all my questions and had all the parts I needed. He's never let me down.