Getting Started on 72

Discussion in 'North Texas Binders' started by RustyMB71, Mar 7, 2020.

1. RustyMB71

RustyMB71 Farmall Cub

Hello, I have owned two scouts before, 72 and 74. Long story short I never had the time to rebuild one the way I want too. I just bought a 72 Scout II (the title says 71, but that means it's a 72, Correct?) Anyway, I've been looking online and decided that the people who know things are people that own Scouts:
    I have many questions but for now I'm going to ask just one;
    First a little background. I have my shop that is big enough to put the Scout in, it's in pieces and the frame has the main body with engine and trans plus both axles attached. Everything else has been removed, including electrical. The floor is rusted and the door frames on the bottom are needing replacement. I have new floor pans and was going to have a shop do the welding.
    So, HERE IS MY QUESTION: Where should I start?
    Thank you for reading.

2. Sammy

Sammy Y-Block King

Brace the door opening. Once the top comes off, the doors removed and the floor removed, things start to move and not for the better. The more bracing you can put in it before everything is in pieces the better off you will be.

3. RustyMB71

RustyMB71 Farmall Cub

I've seen a few videos online showing a brace at the top of the door, I was going to build a rolling frame out of wood so I could get it down to the body shop. Good or bad idea?
    Thanks for your input.
    Very Respectfully,
    Matthew