For all the GUEST(Lurkers) that come here!!!

Discussion in 'Injection Tech' started by Bill USN-1, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Do you guys know that registration is free?
    You can sign up and actually be able to ask a question instead of just lurking on this board and not providing any feed back.

It would be nice to hear some comments about the information provided here.
    Maybe some lessons learned for others that may want to try it.

Don't just take the info and run back to your own boards and start posting there.

Give some feed back!!!

OH...for those from the PBB that pretend you don't come to the BP....your not fooling anyone! ;)

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    Paul Pearson likes this.
  2. dennisj

dennisj Farmall Cub

Bill I really appreciate all the info on here. I have been coming and looking for about a year now. I started trying to find informationabout 2 years ago on trying to install fuel injection on a carbureted vehicle because of my scout and the holley carb that is just wore out, when the needle sticks, way to often, fuel runs right out past the shafts on the manifold. anyway I just wanted to thank you and everyone for such great information. I found this place by accident and I am sure glad I did. You cleared up so many of my questions, that I thought was going to be hard to find answers to, just to find that most of my ideas that I did not know if would work, must work because it is very similar to what you have already done. I don't know if I am posting this in the right spot, but wanted to personally thank you. If I get a couple of fuel leaks fixed, I will have successfully finally gotten my scout fuel injected. THANKS SO MUCH! Dennis

Treasurechester likes this.
  3. Bill USN-1

Your welcome Dennis.
    When you add a picture i will move it to the Readers Rides thread!!

4. Daniel Mc Daniel

Daniel Mc Daniel Farmall Cub

Bill keep up the hard work because any Binder owner knows this is the hub for any info to improve or just keep there rig from becoming a pasture ornament.

5. jlynch

jlynch Farmall Cub

There is excellent FI support on this website!!! Bill and alot of others here is full of knowledge and is always willing to help. Everyone should support this great website and all the help and information found here.

6. jasonzbtzl

jasonzbtzl High Wheeler

Well I may never install FI, but I've gotten to where I won't change my oil without consulting BB first. kidding, but you get the idea. So far I've gotten my money's worth for sure. :D

7. 84cruiser

84cruiser Farmall Cub

I wish I would have found bb 14 months ago when I bought my tbi kit. .I would have built my own kit. The parts are easy, it was the tuning and the know-how that made me not know where to start Tuning just seemed to be something I would leave to the manufacturer of my kit. I now know that this is gunna be the fun part. being able to count on people you only know through a pc is hard, even after you pay them for the service (company I got my kit from), but came on here as a newbie a few days ago and was welcomed with advice and tech support. Thanks Bill for the time and help, I will make it right with you. I have learned alot about gm tbi tuning in the last few days searching old posts. Im thankful you all will share that with me. Without this help I would be very lost. Maybe some day Ill know what Im doing.:wacko:

8. comp

comp Farmall Cub

i have some reading to do it see :cool2:

9. GMOLDS

GMOLDS Farmall Cub

Hi:Found this BB tonight for the first time and could not leave it. Just saw your invitation to register and did as you suggested. Read a lot about burning GM ECM eeproms. Will keep reading those threads to decide if I can perform the many associated tasks. Tell me if my goal here is compatable with the activity on this BB. The GM dealer can't seem to fix the idle problem on my OLDS. I decided to learn as much as I can and try to fix it myself. This in one place I found via a google search. Do I belong here?
    Thanks, Tom a_tars@hotmil.com

10. Bill USN-1

Welcome Tom,

You may want to start a regular thread and be a little more specific on YEAR, ECM, BCC code, and what your problem is.
    If it's newer then a 96 then it will be OBDII and makes things a little more complicated.
    But you won't lose any money by asking questions. Either someone can help or they can't.

11. GMOLDS

GMOLDS Farmall Cub

Bill: Thanks. Took your advice and tried in the Tech talk forum and learned that it was the wrong place to go. Please lead me to the correct forum.
    I have again read many of your postings and believe that I might have to get a laptop, cables and software in order to get well again.
    Thanks, Tom

12. Bill USN-1

Your already in the EFI forum.
    Just start a new thread here.

13. billbobagns

billbobagns Farmall Cub

Grafting Distributor Question

Bill;

Great info here! I guess I don't have to "re-invent the wheel" to put GM TBI on my scout after all!

I am pinching pennies and plan to graft my distributors with a little help of my brother in law who is good at welding aluminum and machine work, but I have a question or two;

I know you have found a company who performs this and recommend their work and for $140 it is surely a good deal, however, I need to do it myself.

Would it be revealing trade secrets if you or someone at that company detailed the process they have settled on?

My plan is to use the GM shaft and graft the bodies about an inch above the deck of on the IH dist. I would then manufacture a custom bronze bushing for the bottom of the IH body to fit the GM shaft and a steel sleeve to fit the IH gear to the GM shaft. It seems that the GM shaft has enough "oil pump tab" on the bottom to do the job although it is clearly smaller than the IH tab.

Is this how your machinist does it, or does he graft the shafts as well and if so, what bushing does he use at the top of the body?

Penny Pincher
    Billbobagns

14. cadpwrdscout

cadpwrdscout Farmall Cub

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great information I have found here. I have repayed the favor by becoming a supporting member to show my appreciation. I know my username says "cadpwrdscout", but the project changed mid stream so now its a "cadpwrdyj". Long story short I have a Wrangler with a 500 cid from a 1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille that has tbi with the 1227747 ecm controlling spark through an 82 model 368 cadillac distributor, and fuel through a 454 throttle body...Almost got all the bugs worked out thanks to this site and all its great information.... :thumbs up:

15. Bill USN-1

How about some pics in the readers rides???
    Thanks for the support.

16. rthiede

rthiede Farmall Cub

Just a quick thanks to all. The info I've found has been priceless. I'll post up soon with my TBI pics. Thanks again !!!

17. TreeClimber

TreeClimber Farmall Cub

The 'click here' doesn't work.

18. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Dreams of Cub Cadets

Posted by Treeclimber:
    I just tried the link above and got:

No input file specified.

19. Fred Demmon

Fred Demmon Y-Block King

since the board went from BB to BP there is no membership dues, it is all free.

20. cricket_crawler

cricket_crawler Farmall Cub

TINSTAAFL, (there is no such thing as a free lunch), I was a supporting member and would like to continue to help keep this site afloat! Are there now sponsors? How can this all be free?