Florida Members?

Discussion in 'Deep South Scouts' started by Red_Dragon, Dec 31, 2003.

1. C.Hamm

C.Hamm Farmall Cub

Safe target practice/shooting , IH trucks, hotdogs and hamburgers? What could be more American? My Scout is still not up for the trip but I still could make the trip if there is one this summer. Just a side note, but is any of ya'll a member of the NRA?

Chad

2. JustinL

JustinL Farmall Cub

what is the rule on carrying guns? I have a rifle that i never have been able to shoot and it supposedly only has been shot 1-2 times. its a .22. What about just making our own florida scout club?

3. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Farmall Cub

4. Somthor

Somthor Farmall Cub

i know there were a few guys on the fourm fomr Daytona back a few years when my scout got stolen i stopped comming here but now im looking for a replacement so i poped back in

I miss my 79 :(

5. Bob Morrison

Bob Morrison Farmall Cub

Just posted on the Summer get together thread. I am from Port Orange (Daytona area). Have a non running 74 Scout II.Just starting to rebuild. Need all the help I can get. Would like to join and be active in any club that gets going.Email is samnnoles@netzero.net

6. redneck4242002

redneck4242002 Farmall Cub

im over in keystone and gittin ready to git a 50's international pickup or another one.

7. Somthor

Somthor Farmall Cub

not alot of activity here :(

8. mcmillm

mcmillm Farmall Cub

I'm from the Plant City area. I have a orange 1974 Scout II Half-Cab that I have had for 7 years. I love it and drive it almost every day!

9. alexojeda

alexojeda Farmall Cub

Hey,

I'm here in Jacksonville too. I have a 1972 (actually built in June of 1971 -first 6 months of production) Scout II.

I've had it since 1989. I love it, but it needs some stuff. Passenger door has been hit and the topper is gone (long story, but I miss it)!

Does anyone know of anyone they can recommend for body work and door replacement, etc.?

I've gotten some excellent work done with North Florida Off-Road (positraction front and rear, Axle-over lift and more). They took their time, but it was excellent work!

Let me know if you know of any local that is parting out a Scout II!! Thanks!

10. MikeInMobile

MikeInMobile High Wheeler

Welcome.

Ive emailed you the name of a friend in the Jax FL area who may be able to help with parts.

Mike

11. SeminoleScout

SeminoleScout Farmall Cub

Tallahassee here. Just purchased a 1979 Scout II in Tennessee and I am in the process of bringing her back to life.

12. alexojeda

alexojeda Farmall Cub

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate that!

13. jeromekirkland

jeromekirkland Farmall Cub

I live in Apollo Beach (just south of Tampa) I am a member of the SEBA and have not been following up with the deep south link on BB because it had been dead for so long. I drive a 72 cab top all over the state as my job sends me everywhere. I know of a few junk yards that have parts and spend a lot of time on the road looking for more.
    My parents live in port orange, so who ever it was over there that was looking for help let me know I get over there every month and am currently working just north of Flagler beach.
    I would be very intrested in a meet ocala.

14. jeromekirkland

did not realize i was responding to such an old thread. ignor the last part of post. so whats up with progress on fl. meet.

15. 72soa

72soa Binder Driver

we had a FL meet last year-it was a blast but not well attended. have a good day

16. alexojeda

alexojeda Farmall Cub

Hey Jerome!

It's good to hear that there are some local IH fans! I'd like to take you up on the offer of helping us to locate parts!

Here's what I'm needing:
    Both doors for a 1972 International Scout II (I need the inner workings to be in excellent shape -if you can find them)!

I need a topper! I need the full-sized topper -mine is gone.

I need to find bucket seats for my scout!

If any of this stuff is available anywhere locally, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks in advance!
    -Alex

17. ClemsonScout

ClemsonScout High Wheeler

Howdy Guys,

You are all welcome to join SEBA (Southeast Binders Association). Its free and a good source for information, parts, and fun. We have about 4 members currently in Florida and a few more to be added soon. If you want to join the club check out the club roster thread below:

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30908

You can put a post there and send me your info so I can add you to the roster and e-mail list. We have members between FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, and a few from VA. You guys can act under the SEBA name and have regional meetings in FL. We have stickers currently and will soon be working on T-shirts and so on. We have a very basic website www.southeastbinders.com, which is going to be upgraded soon.. Check us out! If you have any questions e-mail me at IHSEBA@yahoo.com

It would be to your benefit to join SIHO (southern IH owners), which is Deep South Scouts, too! They have a yahoo group that will help you stay in touch with all the IH people in the Southeast between the two clubs...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  18. MikeInMobile

MikeInMobile High Wheeler

"S.I.H.O. = Southern IH Owners.

It was started after DSS became a looser organization, IE no officers, dues, newsletter, meetings, etc.

SIHO has a small Yahoo Group/email list at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners/

The SIHO credo,

This list was created to encourage a stronger International Harvester Owners presence in the Deep South, and to assist in the restoration and repair of these incredible vehicles by offering tech knowledge as well as new and used parts information LOCALLY, in the Southern states of AL, MS, LA, GA, and FL.

Im all for helping anyone anywhere promote the IH marque, and Im willing to help wherever I can.
    I saw the most need here locally, a lack of local knowledge of all the many available IH resources, so thats where Ive concentrated my efforts.

If you want to post any IH related announcements, post here and/or join the SIHO group and post away there with my blessing. :D"

19. TylarDerdin

TylarDerdin Farmall Cub

I am not a FLORIDA scouter...persae... but I live right over the GA/FL line in Saint Marys GA. Would love to hear more about resources and other scouters in the N. FL area as I have yet to see another scout where I am. I am only an hour or so from Jax.

20. jeromekirkland

hey ALEXOJEDA, sorry for delay in answering but have been on road so much did not have time to look up info and answer. I had found a place in north fl. that had a hard top in very good condition for only 50.00 and another yard owned by the same peopls a few miles away that had 4 scouts in it. unfortinitly my notes are in bad shape. I found it about 6 months ago while driving the scout down old Dixie Hwy from Sault Ste. Marie onterio canada to Tampa fl. and planed on going back to get the top but never did. I thought it was in the pan handel near Tallahassee but can not seem to find it now. I remember the yard being named after the town the bigger lot was in so try "Belleview auto salvage" in belleview fl. (352) 245-7373. as far as the wimdow mech goes those seem to be in every yard that has Internationals in them, there is a pick a part in Daytona that had 2 IHC pick ups about 2 months ago. If they are still there I believe the mechs are the same. sorry I can not be of more help right now but will keep my eyes open.