first scout build,by a bronco guy??

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by broncomitch, Jul 21, 2017.

1. skidder

skidder Farmall Cub

scouts looking good,maybe the rear main might seat itself and stop leaking,first baby ?.i have 6, best part of life,i think,

joewatkins likes this.
  2. Brandon A.

Brandon A. Binder Driver

On the rear main seal search Bill Hamilton rear main seal fix . I believe he did a write up here on how to stop them from leaking. However all of mine leak even ones replaced so if its not too bad you can probably learn to live with it unless it gets worse. Just one of the many quirks these vehicles tend to have... Good luck...

3. Will Marsh

Will Marsh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Congrats on the baby girl, she looks good on you! My wife got out of helping two different moves like that. ;p

The throttle cable you got is actually correct you just need one of these:
    Throttle Cable Bushing
    Remove the PO installed ball stud from the pedal, pull the cable through the hole you can see the ball stud through, clip the bushing over the cable in front of the stop and push into the hole.
    Those bushings are common to 70s-80s GM products if you want to check the local yards, but seem to be MIA in the parts stores.

HTH,

Will Marsh

4. MrWolf

MrWolf Farmall Cub

I bought my scout from a true old-timer and he always added two (2) main seals to the international SV8s..! The first one packed in the normal position, some oil to the shaft and then the next seal added next to the first. There isn't room for a second seal properly in the groove, so this was "glued" in place with a thick smear of Kent Quick Seal Black. His engines never leaked a drop he told me. As I don't directly see how it would cause any harm, I'm inclined to try it myself when I need to replace main seal soon. He smoothed out the Kent sealer so it all looked pretty neat in the end as well.

5. broncomitch

broncomitch Farmall Cub

Thanks for all the congratulations!

As the the throttle cable, the old one broke and had a cable stop on the other end running through the gas pedal hole, I noticed that through the hole you can see the pivot ball so I figured that i needed that setup so ordered it but with the pedal to the floor the throttle cable connection is about an inch ahead from the connection point on the throttle pedal (as seen in pic)

Guess ill pull the trans out and fix the rear main.. that way i can run the motor and make sure its sealed before I put the trans back in.

What is everyone using for fuel line from the tank to the pump?
    Mine has pvc hose but from what i have read thats not factory.

6. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

Nylon tubing 5/16 was factory.

7. MrKenmore

MrKenmore High Wheeler

I just ran hard line using NiCopp for the supply and return on my FI system. Stock was 5/16 nylon as stated. The old line was pretty robust from what I can see when I removed it recently. 5/16" rubber from the top of the tank and then you can transition to nylon to a spot where things are more accessible.