Fine Tuning Tuning

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Hutch, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

I recently got my scout running again after towing it from Tucson AZ (elev. 2389') to Lander Wyoming (elev. 5587'). It was running when I pulled into Lander and unloaded it off the trailer, then after a few short drives crapped out. I adjusted the timing, dumped a little fuel down the carb and now she's back up and running. Pretty well too. My timing is set at ~8ยบ BTDC and my idle is between 600 and 700 rpm. I think I am running a bit rich though as I can smell fuel upon deceleration. Any tips on which way to go with timing or carb adjustment? The jets are the same as it had in Wyoming before I went down to AZ. Just trying to get it dialed in. Thanks :beer:

2. Afireinside2285

Afireinside2285 High Wheeler

What carb? I run my timing at about 8*to10* Vac. advance plugged here in denver.
    Good luck

3. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

oops. 2210 carb.

4. enally

enally Farmall Cub

The only way I could get my 2210 lined out was with a vaccum gauge. Do a search on vaccum gauge and you will find a ton of information. I found mine at Harbour Freight for about $10 or 15$, best money I ever spent. I played with the carb I don't know how many times before I got it right. What I did is check the timing, if ok, set up the vaccum gauge and adjust the idle mixture to get the highest vaccum reading you can. That is about it. If you check your plugs and they show your running rich, probably your jet size is off unless you have other carb problems. Also, do a search on 2210 and you will find more information than you probably want. Some people cuss this carb, but I have found mine to be pretty reliable. Good luck!