FINALLY.... After two years of looking, I got one.

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by jfulwider, Jan 5, 2013.

1. zuke

zuke Farmall Cub

You've ridden in my Scouts without one, I don't see how Johnie's could be more dangerous!:D

2. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Nah, it's all good, but it is a Scout so you never know.

3. Ty M

Ty M Farmall Cub

I do recall installing a fire extinguisher in Johnnie's...

4. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

I scored these today from my neighbor who was going to use them for a project and changed his mind. Now I just need to figure out how to make them fit in the Scout. I know some of you have already done this before any advice is always appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  5. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

These?...what are these "these" of which you speak?

6. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

These are what these are. Sorry it didn't like my phones pics. But I know you have a lot of experience with seats that are foreign to a Scout......Mr. Moore.

7. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Gotcha! I used a couple pieces of angle iron for mine years ago. One piece laid on the floor like an "L", and the other piece attached under the seat like an upside down "L"...(do a set of these on the inside two mounting holes, and another on the outside two). The two vertical pieces should be the same width, such that they can overlap to make a "C"...one "C" inside near the trans tunnel, and one outside near the rocker. You can fine-tune the height using several pairs of Vise Grips until you like the way they sit (height and tilt angle), then weld em together...or drill and bolt em.

Make any sense at all?

8. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Yea, I was thinking about angle iron. But what I'm wondering is do I still use the the original stands. I have my speakers in them. Might be to high. I satin them yesterday and I see why he wanted to go in a different direction. They are very narrow. The head rest fully extended hits right in the lower part of my head. We will see. Thanks for the advice buddy.

9. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Ok, I have decided to put bedliner on the hardtop. I struggled with this because it is so different. But for the cost I can't beat it. I started grinding all the rust spots ( there were ALOT of them) and I cleaned all the mold off. I now have to figure out how to get the windows and frames out so I can POR-15 the entire thing and then scuff and shoot the liner on. Here is a pic of the top that I got from SCOUTCO.

Attached Files:

10. basic261

basic261 Farmall Cub

I can dig it. What type of bed liner material are you going to put on the top? I won a bed liner spray in called reflex and I checked it out yesterday and it looks really cool. I'm going to watch yours in see how it turns out and might do the same to mine.

11. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

I bought the u-pol Raptor Liner. It was 145.00 with the gun. There is a lot of prep work to be done. That's why I have to figure out how to get the windows out.

12. Rob Moore

Rob Moore Farmall Cub

I used piano wire to start working the sliders out of my hard top when I did that years ago. Once I got an edge started they came out pretty quick. Same with solid glass I had in another top.

13. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

When I bed lined my top,I just taped the windows of,you will end up with the area around the window being to thick and the windows will not seal.Do remove to por15,if you want but I would put backin before liner
    Jeff

14. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Thanks I got the windows out. I'll be POR-15ing it this weekend. I'm going to tape off the area where the window frames sit and then spray the bedliner. Hopefully it turns out ok. If it does get to thick then I'll try to trim some of it off around the window frame with some sand paper with the DA.

15. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Hey I noticed this morning that my Scout made it in for the Super Scout photo contest this month. I was surprised when I saw it. So go to their Facebook page and vote for your favorite pic or all of them. I voted for a few. The winner gets a 100.00 shopping spree at SSS.

16. Ty M

Ty M Farmall Cub

How's the paint work coming on the top and all, Johnny?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  17. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Very slow. I POR-15'd he whole thing and I didn't prep it correctly and it peeled right off. So I have to start all over and sand it back down. It has discouraged me somewhat. But I need to get back on it soon.

18. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Ok, so I decided to paint the top the same as the body color. I just got it back today along with the windshield frame(hopefully now I can get the wipers working) and the lift gate. The guy I got to do it did a great paint job, he just didn't get any of the dings and small dent that I couldn't see out. But it matches the rest of the Scout. Dents and dings give it character don't you think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  19. Ty M

Ty M Farmall Cub

Dents-n-dings show you love it. Whatcha doin Friday eve? Think I have to work at the warehouse but no deliveries so no late work--as yet.

20. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

Not sure as it is the weekend of July 4 th. didn't think about that. I will be tearing into it tomorrow night until about eleven or so. Then again on Wednesday...... But as soon as I know I will let you know about Friday.