Fall 2009 Outings

Discussion in 'Southwest Scouts of Oklahoma' started by Mike Scherr, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Mark,

Many of our wives and children made the trip to the dunes last year and enjoyed it. I am sure this year will be the same.

MIke

2. Royce Stephens

Royce Stephens Binder Driver

Mike,
    The 26th is gonna come up pretty quick and unless you've been monitoring this board you don't know about the cruise. Is the club gonna send out a mailing or e-mail? I did some parts tradin with a guy yesterday who wanted to go as well (and join the club).

3. Royce Stephens

Royce Stephens Binder Driver

Are there any cabins at Little Sahara?

4. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Not sure on cabins but last year we stayed in motel in some kitchenettes. They were pretty nice. Or you may be able to rent camper in some of the private campgrounds.

5. kennyw

kennyw Farmall Cub

I gess I need to pay attention Brian!!! Sandy and me are both unemployed right now, so you guy's pick a weekend and we will try to make it. We kind of plan week to week. Kenny:oldih:

6. kennyw

kennyw Farmall Cub

Mike Sandy and me have been in Colorado and am trying to get caught up with things. Heartland cruises that I planed I beleave have bin about 75 miles, we have had some longer too. It kind of depends on the stops that you make. We usually start at a restuarant for breakfast that gives everbody time to get there. If anybody wants to plan a cruise I would sugest thinking of places to go and bring that info to a meeting and let peaple know at the meeting. I was kind of planing a cruise that a member had shown intrust in,and another member had a idea of a cruise, so we are going to Abilene for a cruise some time this fall. And I will keep my plans for next year. Kenny:oldih:

7. kennyw

kennyw Farmall Cub

I know how that is the restuarant we liked to start at in Cassody had a fire and family illness and closed, so we had to look elsewhere to start. Kenny:oldih:

8. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Informative post card went out this morning by Pony express Burbank Ok mail system. It includes cruise info, and dates that have been chosen for the other events. I hung mine on fridge so I don't forget.