Fall 2009 Outings

Discussion in 'Southwest Scouts of Oklahoma' started by Mike Scherr, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

SWScouters,

Brian and I are trying to figure out some dates for our outings to Little Saraha and Disney this year and we would like some input from our members. I know these were previously shown as scheduled dates in the newsletter but things change.

We have discussed two prospective dates for Little Saraha:

September 26th-27th
    or
    November 14th-15th

And as far as Disney is concerned,

The Heartland International club is headed to Disney the 9th-11th of October.

We had initially scheduled our gathering for the 17th & 18th of October but it is nice to meet up with our brothers from the north once a year.

When would the club like to schedule these two events?

Are you attending?

Thank you,

Mike

2. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

I can do the weekend of the 14th @ the Dunes. I am gonna try to switch with someone for the Disney weekend with Heartland. Its always a good time when the two groups get together.

3. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Just talked with one of the guys that would be able to work for me the 10th and 11th of Oct. and he said he could. Just have to ok it with the boss.:clap:

4. kennyw

kennyw Farmall Cub

Sandy and I will try to make the outings if posible. With both of us laid-off we have the time but not the money. Kenny:oldih:

5. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Does it matter which weekend for the dunes?

6. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

I sent a bunch of PMs last night, I hope to get some input.

M

7. Royce Stephens

Royce Stephens Binder Driver

My september is booked up but november is probable.

On another note. I saw a Mazda Miata club (I know...) last weekend driving down Hwy 77. There must have been 25 of them. They were taking a little fun run in their matchboxs to Mulhall, OK to eat at Lucille's ( neat little historical restaraunt w/really good food). I was just wondering what the interest in a short little day outing like that might be.

8. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

I would be interested in that. Strech the legs on the old travelall. I am sure we could get a few non wheeling members to join us. I think the heartland folks have a pretty good turnout for thier road cruises.

9. nightwingdrb

nightwingdrb Farmall Cub

I will be back from Officer's Basic in mid October and I would be interested in coming out to the dunes in November. I could also be up for a road trip in the t'ette.

I've got a little work to do on the brakes of the scout, and I still need to fix the rear main on the truck, but I've got a week off work once I get back to Oklahoma, and a new garage that I want to test out.

Hopefully, I'll be able to fix the brakes over labor day weekend. I've got a 96 and I'm coming home.

10. Rgilpin

Rgilpin Farmall Cub

Well...
    I talked to my Dad and I think we're good with the October dates in Disney, just not sure about the other. I would lean more towards the November dates like everyone else. Timbo should be back from Alaska this weekend and I think he'll be okay with Disney in October, but I think he's going back to Alaska in November. I don't think either of us could have anything ready for an September trip. That's my 2 cents....

:twocents:

11. Judd Parker

Judd Parker Farmall Cub

I'm out on anything before the middle of October, trying to get ready for our wedding. In November my normal group will be getting ready for our Thanksgiving trip to Clayton. If anyone comes up with a road trip for a day I wouldn't mind putting some miles on the Travelette.

12. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

So should we plan this?

Road cruise, 26th of September

Disney, 9-11 October

Little Saraha, 14-15 November

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  13. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Royce,

Would you be interested in planning the road cruise?

Does anyone know of any neat things we should stop and see or a scenic Oklahoma road we should drive or a great place to eat?

14. Royce Stephens

:4x4:I'll try to plan the road cruise if ya'll will give some input. Would you like it to be a round trip or a point to point? How long are ya'll thinking mile wise?

15. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Kenny,

How long are the road cruises Heartland does?

Royce,

I would say driving a box with the start-finish point along an interstate. Orlando is a pretty central location. I woulnd't think 2 to 3 hours of driving with a couple of breaks including lunch or dinner somewhere would be too bad. Of course folks would have to drive to the start finish point also...

16. Royce Stephens

Well I'm good for the 26th for the cruise (assuming I get my front main seal in). I had a route all planned out involving eating at Lucille's in Mullhall, unfortuneatley it burned down this morning. I think I will re-plan a little south, maybe Guthrie(?). Any suggestions? I was going to keep it fairly short (maybe 100 miles or so).

17. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Well I am back for a little bit... I thought it would be cool to do a little work on the scout before disney. So in typical Tim fashion I just came home with 16 in airshocks, Balistic fab joints, a ram for steering and have a bunch of tube on order. Could be a long month but it looks like I'll have some new stuff to test. Can't wait to see all of you there.

Tim

18. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Tim, welcome back. My truck is ready for wheeling with no major projects planned before Disney, so, if you are looking for another hand or two please give me a holler.

19. mark albrecht

mark albrecht Farmall Cub

October is not going to work for me (4000 acres of wheat to plant) but I will be there for the dunes in November.

My wife wants to know if any of your better halves are going to the dunes as well.

20. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

The plan for the 26th of September is to meet at Tabers IH yard @ Broadway extension and Britten road at 9 AM and then motoring to Seminole. (Approx one hour @ 55 MPH) We can visit either the Jasmine Moraine children’s museum in Seminole and/or the oilfield museum next door. After a visit to the museum the Tabers would like to provide lunch for the club and then enjoy a little Binder BS time in Seminole. When we are ready, we will cruise back to OKC.

How does that sound to the club?

How many will attend?

Brian, on the card please ask people to RSVP to me so I can get a head count for lunch. I will have Katy email you a current mailing list.

Thank you,

Mike

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009