early scout 80 brake light circuit and generator ??'s

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Albuq. Henry, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Albuq. Henry

Albuq. Henry Binder Driver

Hello all, I spent some time today starting to get the electricals sorted out on my new 63 Scout.

First question, it has a generator that has possibly been replaced the wire from the dash bulb is cut at the generator. I dont see a place for it to connect, also the regulator only has 2 wires. I guess this was a swap that is not set up the same as original????

Second question has to do with the power to the brake light switch out on the master cylinder. Circuit 22. the problem I have is I have 3 wires that may possibly go to the switch. one is the switched power going to the signal switch. I also have a wire coming from the light switch circuit breaker, this is the wire that was feeding the switch. The third wire is one that goes from area of the switch going to the gauge cluster. I can see the circuit numbers at the gauge cluster wire and at the light switch. The gauge cluster wire 22 has a ring on it. this wire is disconnected.

Anybody familiiar with these items any help would be appreciated....

2. Albuq. Henry

Albuq. Henry Binder Driver

Well, this morning I figured out what is going on with the circuit 22. Best I can guess is instead of the feed coming off the circuit breaker at the light switch the feed is coming off the power going into the cvr on the gauge cluster. The other wire I thought was 22 at the light switch was really 21 the parking light feed to the rears. The po had cut off the spade terminal and put a ring. All that was visible was one 2 for 21. Everything is working good now.