Does anyone own an IH in the South East anymore?

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by Mitch Neal, Sep 17, 2014.

1. darman98

darman98 Farmall Cub

I just picked up a starter for my Rallye on Friday, but life got in the way of installing it this weekend. With all the rain we have been getting in South Florida, my baby has been relaxing inside my company's warehouse. (My new Softtopper looks pretty, but leaks like a sieve when driving in the rain.)

2. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

Just dangle a carrot out there and leave us hanging!

At least the job hasn't changed you at all!

3. gmbarker78

gmbarker78 Farmall Cub

I guess your right, if anything the job has made it worse. Sorry to dangle my carrot in front of you. Thanks for noticing though. :D

I was referring to a new brochure that ScoutCo gave me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

Easssy, this is a family friendly forum!:censored:

5. RustyButt

RustyButt Farmall Cub

Found this. Holy grail for me.

6. RustyButt

RustyButt Farmall Cub

Found this. Holy grail for me. 1961 or 2 travelette. Pics not working dangit

7. dapetik

dapetik Farmall Cub

I'm new to BinderPlanet and my Scout 80. I have the sliding door window but want the one's that roll down. Anyone in the SE know of any for sale?

8. David Miller

David Miller Farmall Cub

I have gone out to the Travelette, turned the key, and heard "click, click" for the last time. I found enough parts in the garage to complete the ferd starter relay conversion. Just a few more connections and it better darn work now.

9. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

C'mon, you have had several days to get pics working! Let's see it!

10. Boaty

Boaty Farmall Cub

Well, I have been working a build thread under the name "Carolina Mountain Binder - Scout 800" on this site. My recent accomplishments were replacing the motor mounts. Only took me 5 weeks of my life (Actually that is working on it about 3 days a week for about 2 to 3 hours at a time). Now I am trying to get the engine prepped for the first actual start. Just discovered what a canister oil filter is, and how it is different from a screw-on filter. Can't wait to get my binder on the road.

11. Quilmes

Quilmes Farmall Cub

Welcome to the club, I am in Orlando and there are a few more early Scouts in Lakeland. Jim from Lakeland might have the windows/doors you are looking for.

Send me an email and number to contact you.

Martin
    martin@scout4x4.com

12. JordanAMC

JordanAMC Binder Driver

Dropped my Scout off at a shop nearby yesterday. Trading my Terra top and bulkhead for some work that the truck needs. First on the list: building some bases for the sebring seats. Turns out the guy that owns/runs the place is a huge IH fan. He had three scouts on site (Scout II, Scout II Traveler, Scout 80/800), and has two more plus a Travelall. Here's a picture of the shop. My scout's the green one next to the buggy.

His shop website is located here: http://www.fullonauto.com/

I hope he doesn't mind me posting this on here (heck, I don't know if he is on this board or not... I'll be sure to ask when I pick the Scout up on Monday).

Attached Files:

13. JordanAMC

JordanAMC Binder Driver

The initial install of the Sebring seats has been completed. Kudos to Jeremy at Full on Auto. I initially had planned on simply cutting the factory seat mounts and welding some angle iron to them to make the install easier. Jeremy however used the factory mounting points on the seat, which is awesome. If I ever need to replace a seat, another Sebring seat can be easily swapped in as a replacement.

I couldn't be happier with the install at this point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  14. Weston64

Weston64 Farmall Cub

Acquired first Scout this month, 64 with full top and winch. Runs but lots to do to be road worthy. I knew this had been a farm vehicle for at least the past 7 years or so in No Ga and raked a ton of dirt out of the fenders to prove it. Got the Line Set Ticket today from Wisconsin and found it was delivered to the TVA in Chattanooga originally. I'm in Atlanta so this thing hasn't travelled much more than a 100 miles from where it began life. The TVA ownership probably explains also why it's top to bottom hi-way yellow under the primer and bondo. Also found i've got 4.88 gearing so the world is going to go by a little slower than I expected. Any way, I'm ordering up parts and my son and I are looking forward to a big time getting it ready over the winter.

15. SR-2

SR-2 Farmall Cub

Congrats on the new ride. There are several of us around the Atlanta area. If you can try and go to the meet and greet in January . A lot of scouts and good people. Welcome aboard.