Does anyone own an IH in the South East anymore?

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by Mitch Neal, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Mitch Neal

Mitch Neal High Wheeler

Geez it's been quite!

I missed the Weekend Report, how about a mid week report?

I am trying to stretch the soft top back out on my 800. I haven't had it on the truck in years and it has shrunk pretty bad. That is a slow process!

I tried to change the seat out on my Cub Cadet as I have just been sitting on the metal pan for the past few years and of course, the new seat holes do not line up with the existing holes on the tractor. There were 4 different combinations on the new seat, so I felt like surely it would work. No luck! I will make adaptors, I guess.

Anybody else doing anything?

2. SCLoadstar

SCLoadstar Farmall Cub

Installed the center engine hood piece on my Loadstar yesterday. If everything goes as planned the gull wings go on today.

3. jhnyct

jhnyct High Wheeler

I did mess around with an IH a little yesterday. Apparently a few gazillion yellow jackets have decided to make a home in my Terra somewhere. Randy found this out the hard way when he attempted to move it the other day. Tactics were changed from spray cans of wasp killer to the little fogger grenades. It would really help if we could find the home base of said winged demons. The battle continues.

4. EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT Farmall Cub

I'm taking the Scout to Gulches ORV This Weekend for Krawlalapooza to do a little wheeling. I'm also looking into updating the Ignition system on my 1971 IH Cub Cadet 147.
    Looking to replace the points add the Points saver system and upgrade to the Bosch Coil, heavy duty Coil Wire. :D

5. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

I hauled a Scout II to GRC yesterday - does that count?

I've also put just a smidgin' of time into Roadkill - almost have the frame completely painted. Both axles are painted and collecting dust, and I'm just doing a little bit at a time. Contemplating rear discs, or keep drums.

Other than that, just trying to keep my truck and trailer together to make my family some money.

6. AUg33k

AUg33k Farmall Cub

Gas tank ordered so that I can drive her. Nationwide backorder...but should have in another week. Hope to do some bodywork this weekend so that I can get her at least primed and one color. Guy up the road has converted his shop into a paint booth...gonna help me paint it over the winter, after he gets through messing with his 70's model ford pickup. Have fabric for the seats, wife is going to hook me up there.

7. JordanAMC

JordanAMC Binder Driver

I have been trying to sell my Terra Top, bulkhead and windows for a while now. The plan is to focus on improving the travel top and using that year round, as I hate not being able to carry my wife, dogs and cargo without half of it getting wet.

While trying to sell the stuff, I've ended up getting offers for the entire truck from Craigslist folks, and this morning, just a guy passing by my apartment. The highest bid thus far is $5k, which is pretty tempting! I just can't bring myself to part with her.

8. cornbinder79

cornbinder79 Farmall Cub

No I just been busy with work. But about a week ago I gave an estimate on a 70 800 half top scout... unfortunately it is more money then he could spend, just to much rot...

9. SR-2

SR-2 Farmall Cub

Between being out of town for work and vacation Im starting to wonder if I will ever get my 800 back on the road. Damn shame not to have it out showing off its new stance Randy gave it.

10. surfnturf

surfnturf Binder Driver

I had my carb rebuilt and have to pick it up in Greenville. Hoping it will fix the problem. It's been a long time since I've driven an IH.

11. ClemsonScout

ClemsonScout High Wheeler

I drove my Scout last weekend and have been contemplating putting on my soft top. I keep missing the warm time to put it on so it will easily stretch. I have been driving the Travelall quite a bit, but one of my calipers are freezing. Time to finish the brake job!:wrenching:

12. jetmech

jetmech Binder Driver

Just drove my Scout to a Pistol Match and she's running great.
    Also after 13yrs I finally sold my CJ5 project last weekend. Kinda sad seeing her leave unfinished but in my defense I'm on my third Scout since I lost interest in it! :rockon:

13. Ike T

Ike T High Wheeler

Drove the Traveler to pick up some doors for the house. :)

14. JordanAMC

JordanAMC Binder Driver

Well if you can't find time for that soft top, I'll take it off your hands! No need to let it just collect dust!

15. jfulwider

jfulwider Farmall Cub

I have a soft top for sale. It used to be on my 74 Scout. Been in my shed for about a year now. Let me know if you are interested.

16. JordanAMC

JordanAMC Binder Driver

PM Sent

17. Britt Seay

Britt Seay Farmall Cub

Picked up my orange scout II on Friday. Dropped it off on Saturday at the warehouse and picked up my blue scout II and went on an over night camping trip with my son in mountains . Got home Sunday and dropped that one off and got into the Jr. Mint 1964 scout . It is important to rotate the fleet on a regularly. So far this week I have gotten the doors back on the t-all and preparing for final coat of primer. Then it's a bunch of block sanding and paint. I dropped the 392 off at PAR racing in Spartanburg two weeks ago for a rebuild.. Butch called me this morning to tell me it will be ready by next week. Hoping its all back together by the Greenville meeting this winter.

18. Mark B 70SR2

Mark B 70SR2 High Wheeler

Yep, been riding mine around sans top when weather permits. Removed the back seat so I could haul gravel, dirt, a ditch witch, and sod to get my French drain done. Going to the hunting club this weekend to haul a yard of gravel to a place only a Scout can get with a yard of gravel so that members of the hunting club can use the trail on their side by sides :cornfused::cornfused: Might even break out the redneck seed spreader if anyone remembers it.... Hopefully I'll be able to put the rear seat back in and get the top on in a couple of weeks.

Attached Files:

19. specfour

specfour Farmall Cub

Drove my 8 year old daughter to cheer practice in the 800 2 weeks ago, hood came unlatched and wrapped the windshield and roll bar. No damage other than the hood, but I guess riding season is over for this year (no top or doors -- strictly warm weather)

Drove up to Greenville yesterday and picked up a hood from Britt Seay's warehouse (Thank You Britt!!:beer:) and will hopefully have it all worked out and painted before next year's riding season begins.

Andy

20. gmbarker78

gmbarker78 Farmall Cub

Admittedly, I've been out of the game since I started this new job in VA. Thanks to a visit from the CEO of GRC, and a short trip to ScoutCo, I've been revitalized! Heck, I even added a cool IH piece to the collection. More to come on that later.