Diesel Scouts and SD33's Sales

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech' started by CareyWeber, Sep 27, 2007.

1. CareyWeber

CareyWeber Diesel Herder / Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rules:

1. One post per user ID (more than one will be deleted).

2. No chat period

3. No posts by business or what I deem a for profit venture period.

4. Only private party: auctions / sales.

5. Only diesel parts or diesel Scouts period.

Carey

2. electricbob

electricbob Farmall Cub

sd33tstill in truck ran when i pulled it in in feb. compltete. $750 or ?
    bob

3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Farmall Cub

4. Jeff Bade

Jeff Bade Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

5. 1bigfoothunter

1bigfoothunter Farmall Cub

sd 33 for sale, needs to be rebuilt has many good parts.
    email 1bigfoothunter@gmail.com
    engine located in san jose ca.
    thanks

6. SSIIbuild

SSIIbuild Binder Driver

sold it. It be gone

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  7. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

1980 SD33T engine (we'll call it engine #1). 108k miles. This was the original engine in the Scout my parents bought new. I ran it hot and scored the #5 liner. I pulled the head, and there are stress cracks around all 6 injector holes. The head is still off of it, and it's missing the turbo, starter, and all belt driven accessories. Would make a good core to rebuild from. $100

1980 SD33T engine (engine #2). Unknown mileage, but it ran when I pulled it. I removed it to put in a 304/automatic/D20. It is lacking the turbo, starter and belt driven accessories. It smoked a fair amount until it was warmed up good. Small amount of smoke out of draft tube. It was a good performing engine in the Scout II it came out of. $200

1980 SD33T engine (engine #3). Unknown mileage, but ran when pulled. This was aquired in a trade from another BB member, and ODBA club member. He said it smoked when started, but did clear up. Ran okay, had good oil pressure. It is lacking the turbo, starter, and all belt driven accessories. I have cleaned and painted it back the original color. $200

All are as is, where is. We might be able to work out delivery to Nationals, Carlisle, or Charlotte Scout shows in 2008. PM or email for info.

8. Ken N.

Ken N. Farmall Cub

My previous add for CVI diesel scout has been sold thanks for the interest everyone.

9. nic

nic Farmall Cub

sd33t head

I know this should be in the classified section just wondering if anybody has a good usable head for sale? thanks-nic

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  10. brotella

brotella Guest

SD33t. High miles, smokes. Starts rough when cold but runs good when warmed up and has good power. Smoke goes away when you drive it, but comes back at an idle. It is still in the truck now, but I will remove it this summer. I need to keep the starter. I assume it needs rings, or a complete overhaul. I can work out a fair price, or trade for Scouts or Scout parts.

PS: I'm always looking for Scout Diesels in any condition in the northeast

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
    Chad A South likes this.
  11. xyz12383318

xyz12383318 Farmall Cub

I have an SD33T out of a 1980 Scout. I am in Idaho and the motor ran when pulled. Typical SD33T smoked on startup and then cleared up when warm. My number is 208-808-3931 or my email is xya12383318@yahoo.com. I am asking $350.

12. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Farmall Cub

13. goldroyd

goldroyd Farmall Cub

Deleted the rules sayu no chat if you want to know us the PM function to ask him!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
  14. Sammy

Sammy High Wheeler

1980 SD-33T, no starter, water pump, alternator or ps pump. Turbo is still there. Smokes heavily on start up and stays that way. Moving at the end of May and the engine isn't moving with me. Part it out or sell whole. If you come get it $100. Regardless, March 1 is the deadline.

15. Kyle OConnor

Kyle OConnor Farmall Cub

1980 International Scout II Traveller Turbo Diesel - $5000 (San Marcos)

this Rare beast is one of 6400 ever made. we are talking rare, only made for one year and one year only: the great year of 1980.

Considering the rising cost of fuel, the diesel beast has been known for getting up to 28 miles a gallon, which is incredible, considering this truck weighs around 6500 lbs. not to mention this thing is prime for a veggie oil conversion.

i used it mainly as a recover vehicle for my buddies up in tahoe, but I drove it down south to San Diego, and it had no problems.

the personal modifications i have done are a 4in rough country lift, with extended skyjacker brake lines, with slightly worn 33in super swampers and new 5 on 5.5 wheels, even comes with a full size spare mounted on the roof rack that also has a high lift mount. there is also a brand new deep cycle optama battery and tie down with new battery cables.

this off-roader comes with the sd33 straight 6 turbo diesel, a T-19 manual 4 speed transmission with granny 1st, a Dana 300 transfercase, and Dana 44 axles front and rear.

the trucks fully convertable top is painted black on the outside and white on the inside. the truck is yellow and its rough body could need some bondo and paint. there is a few rust spots but nothing terrible. a cd player has been put into the dash and if you would like we can discuss the stereo speaker and what ever else.

if interested about the traveller email me at kunkeloc@gmail.com

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2008
  16. Mike in SD

Mike in SD Farmall Cub

Sold!

Thank you
    Mike

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  17. PrintSmith

PrintSmith Farmall Cub

Diesel Tranny in Oyster Bay, NY

Won a 4 speed off e-bay, but can't get it back to Colorado. If you can pick it up, or arrange to get it shipped to you - it's yours - doesn't have the drive gear or adapter plate.

Really folks - it's free to you except the cost of going to get it or getting it shipped to you. I just want a fellow dieseler to have use of it since I paid for it and can't get it.

18. Oliver

Oliver Farmall Cub

I have a sd33 n/a for sale. This engine has no issues that I know of and has been my engine in my DD for over 3 years and has been great to me. I bought the turbo motor and now would like to sell the old engine.
    Its minus the starter and cel., but other than that its complete.
    500 obo..Will come with the dash harness too, and even have a spare 727 that came out of another diesel scout. Was told it worked when I bought it.
    thanks

19. GRIMM01

GRIMM01 Farmall Cub

FREE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IN OHIO

I have a 727 automatic transmission that came out of a 1977 diesel 2 wheel drive Scout. It worked OK when I pulled it. It has been stored inside for 20 years. Torque convertor and floor shifter control included. Also have another 727 automatic that came out of a 1210 2 wheel drive pickup from behind a 392. Same story.

These are free to anyone who will come to get them. Located in New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663. Sorry, but I can not ship. You will need to pick them up. Call 330-432-5728 or email fje1@roadrunner.com. Going for scrap aluminum if no one takes them.

20. Owen Foust

Owen Foust Farmall Cub