DiamondRax Roof Rack Systems and Accessories

Discussion in 'DiamondRax' started by CruiserStuff, Jul 9, 2011.

1. BigOx66

BigOx66 Farmall Cub

I went to your website to find pricing and couldn't find them. What would a 6" safari rack with light mounts for a 1968 scout 800 go for?

2. CruiserStuff

CruiserStuff Farmall Cub

BigOx66 - Thanks for getting in touch with me about a rack for your 800.....I'm sending you a PM right now to go over details and to get you a price. :)

3. jhnyct

jhnyct High Wheeler

I have a couple of questions. What would a system like the one on the blue Scout on page two of this thread run? Also, how does the Yakima accessories adapter work? I would want to mount my bike rack to your roof rack.

4. CruiserStuff

CruiserStuff Farmall Cub

Hey jhnyct - Thanks for your questions! The blue Scout II on page 2 has our 54" wide by 84" long side-deploying rooftop tent rack with the removable side panel. It runs $749. A rack of the same dimensions WITHOUT the removable side panel (and, therefore, NOT for use with a rooftop tent) would run $699.

The Scout II shown is using 8 of our Bulldog 2.0 Heavy Duty Rain Gutter Clamps which run $39.95 each. A rack of this size can use a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10.

Shipping is, of course, additional.....

Our adapters for Yamima accessories consists of bracket that mount to the insides of the roof rack (with a clamshell-type mount). These brackets allow a round crossbar (same diameter as used by Yakima) to be used to span the width of the roof rack. Any Yakima accessory that will mount to their round crossbars will then be able to be mounted to the roof rack. Let me know if that makes sense or if you need further explanation/clarification.

Thanks very much! If you have other questions, feel free to post again or to call me at 909.534.8183.

5. lady355

lady355 Farmall Cub

Hi Greg, I went to your website as well, thinking I'd get the clips that attach to the gutter (like on the blue Scout here), but there was no way to order.... whattttttt's up with that?:cornfused:
    Also, I'm curious if the clips are rubberized on the back so as not to scratch paint...??? Great looking racks...appear to be very high quality.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Tish
    :scout:

6. lady355

lady355 Farmall Cub

Well........ it appears that the e-mail address posted here for DiamondRax is a non-functioning addy........

The following message to <greg@diamondrax.com> was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <greg@diamondrax.com> is not a valid mailbox'

Ain't that just cushy????????:gunsmilie:

7. CruiserStuff

CruiserStuff Farmall Cub

Hey Tish -

Sorry for the email hang-up....we're in the process of upgrading our website (including email) and we're still working through everything. You're right, the "greg@diamondrax.com" is no longer a valid address, but info@diamondrax.com will get to me for sure (get emails sent to that everyday). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Up until now, we have not done a shopping cart from our site because of SO MANY people who don't know the correct parts to order for their particular make/model. Having the client talk to us prior to placing the order helps us to assure their getting exactly what they need.

To answer your original question, we do not offer a rubberized "cushion" for the Bulldog 2.0 Heavy Duty Rain Gutter Clamps where they come into contact on the rain gutter of the vehicle. Most don't find it necessary, though we have those who have just finished restorations and have fresh paint that they don't want to risk damaging.

Those people have used Plasti-Dip (available from Lowe's and Home Depot, etc) or have used various types of cushions....one used vacuum line split length-wise and placed over the clamp.

If you have any questions, post back, email me (again, info@diamondrax.com) or call me on my cell at 909.534.8183.

Thanks very much!

Greg

8. Brandonium

Brandonium Binder Driver

If I might add to this since I have one of these racks on my Scout II..

I did two things to help prevent scratches but note that the clamps have no sharp edges and are fairly smooth. So firstly, I used a spray on Plasti-Dip (black) and applied many layers to the inside of the clamp. Secondly I cut out and glued speaker foam to each area of contact. It did not move once tightened and squished nicely in place. It was very little work to accomplish, maybe an hour or two max prior to putting the rack on.

That's my $.02 :)

9. Brandonium

Brandonium Binder Driver

As soon as I can take better pictures I will. Still very happy with my rack.

Attached Files:

10. lady355

lady355 Farmall Cub

Brandonium,
    I ADORE the color of your Scout! Makes me itch to change mine! Andddd, the rack looks great! What size is it? :beer:

11. Brandonium

Brandonium Binder Driver

I am not sure. I will have to look. The color is Bronze. It took me forever to decide on that color but it turned out better than I expected!

12. Brandonium

Brandonium Binder Driver

Figured I would update with another pic of my rack.

Attached Files: