Date change for Disney

Discussion in 'Southwest Scouts of Oklahoma' started by Mike Scherr, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

Because the Grand National Bike tour will be in Disney filling hotel rooms and trails, and a few other people have other obligations on the weekend we planned our wheeling trip, the date needs to be changed.

The new date is the weekend of October 14th and 15th. New postcards will go out this week informing the club.

Sorry for the short notice, see you there!

Thanks, Mike

2. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

I'm there. See you all there. Wheres Meat Man? Any more input from up north on date change. We really wouldn't have got to wheel much with all the cycles there for the weekend of the 20th.

3. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

I should be there looks like I'll most likely drive up sat morning and stay sat night and sunday. I'm not sure how many I will bring with me probably just my scout or my dads. Can't wait to see you there
    Tim

4. Richard Thrashe

Richard Thrashe Farmall Cub

I will be there Friday the 13th pm. Mailed out Heartland newsletter today telling of the date change. Richard

5. Meat Man

Meat Man Farmall Cub

I'm here, just lurking. Whenever I am unsure of what I am doing, I just clam up. I am working on a way to get there, just not sure yet. I don't really want to drive the scout all the way. I can borrow truck and trailer from Dad...gotta get my own. I am working on a combo trip for Dad, pick up some steel and go to Disney, but I will just have to ride along because I don't think the trailer will haul my scout plus the steel. Who knows. Does anyone know where Go Bob Pipe is located?

Get ready, you heard it first here...I am loosing my spotter/co-pilot for about 9 months. You guessed it. Karee and I are expecting our first. Sorta takes the fun out of it when she isn't there. I didn't think that rattling around in the scout would be much fun for her. I also have a deadline for several outstanding house projects and winter is coming.

I'll decide later this weekend.

Nathan

6. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

Well I got "the call" this morning he he

Tim: hello
    Grandfather: hey what are you up too
    Tim: oh nothing just hanging around
    Grandfather: oh good Im gonna need a little help
    Tim: oh yeah whats wrong?
    Grandfather: um the tractors stuck
    Tim: the what.. where?
    Grandfather: well in the pond
    Tim: ha ha ha I'll be there in half an hour.

I feel like i should explain what my grandfather was doing with a 12000 pound tractor that close to the pond. In light of the recent drought our 4 acre pond is now about 3 acres so he and i decided to take advantage of this and have been reworking the cove that is dry well today he made his turn a little wide and found that line that is just a little to soft and sank the tractor about 2.5 to 3 feet in the mud he he

So fast forward half an hour and my son and i pull up in the scout and we proceed to tie on and pull the tractor out. The only problem... my transfer case now sounds like a bag of angry bees and cats all mixed together and thrown in a 55 gallon drum. I knew the gears were allready week and torn up and that it was only a matter of time before they blew so i have 2 spares that i recently aquired and will be swapping one in. Im just really glad it happened 10 min from the shop and not 4 hours away next weekend.

So it looks like i will spend that same inevitable week before the trip in the shop once again on the bright side i think i am going to try to finish out my half doors.

Cant wait till this weekend
    Tim

7. darrin

darrin Farmall Cub

i plan on being their. i saw on pbb that they are having a rockober event same time.cant wait its my first time their

8. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Ya, John Sumner of the previous called Waggoner machine is have a run, should be alot of bad boy rigs there to check out. Tim, where are you all gonna stay? We'll be in one of Hogans campers. Others from Rowdy (from Ponca) and some others have reserved the big house (trailer) again so that should be the main meeting spot. see you all there

9. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

brian,
    at this piont i am kindof winging it. I will only have 3 or 4 with me so I will probably camp in a tent. I wonder if Hogan could run out of camping spots should i call and reserve one?
    Tim

10. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Won't be a problem to find tent space. When are you planning on being there?

11. Tim Gilpin

Tim Gilpin Farmall Cub

I hope to be there early sat morning between 8 and 9 i would guess. When does everyone want to meet to go on the first run?

Tim

12. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

Prolly somwhere around then. If were not around then I'll try and leave a note on the trailer door of where we are heading to first.

13. Rgilpin

Rgilpin Farmall Cub

Well, even with the changed dates things just aren't working out for me. I have to go out of town on business Thursday (12th) and I won't be back until sometime on Saturday. :mad: Although I guess it really doesn't matter since I have had no time to work on my rig anyway!? Soooo..... everyone needs to take lots of pictures and video!!! Have fun and be careful!! :)

14. bbranch

bbranch Farmall Cub

I thought you bought that truck to wheel with????? J/K What do you have to do to it. Like I really have room to talk mine is still in shop also, maybe it will be mobile by the annual meeting, if so it will be on trailer so everyone can critique. Later.....

15. Rgilpin

Rgilpin Farmall Cub

I have a full roll cage to install.... and I recently noticed some fairly major shortcuts taken by the PO on the front drive line setup I'm going to need to get addressed as well as the posi-trak rear end not working!? :( Anyway, hope everyone had fun and someone gets some pics posted soon!!!

16. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

The family and I got to Disney Saturday afternoon and made the afternoon run to little blue. Made it up with Brians astute guidance and two Hoss power. Have the endcap damage to prove it. Got rained out today but it was worth the trip reguardless.

Enjoyed a refreshing ride home with no top or doors. Only really miserable part was just northwest of OKC. You should have seen some of the strange looks.

I am looking forward to pictures, we left our camera at camp.

17. Mike Scherr

Mike Scherr Farmall Cub

I forgot to add, for the first time ever, the Scout has cupholders! Thanks SWScouts!