CV Series Trucks

Discussion in 'Navistar News' started by knucklehead_vol, Nov 8, 2018.

1. knucklehead_vol

knucklehead_vol Farmall Cub

2. scout2000

scout2000 Y-Block King

I'm no where close to holding my breath regarding your request, but, if they did, it would certainly be a strong, kick-in-the-n_ts to Ford, after they royally screwed up bringing back the Bronco. AFAIK, the only saving grace the new Bronco has is that it will be manufactured in the US proper.

3. knucklehead_vol

knucklehead_vol Farmall Cub

We can always hope. That being said, it will never be the classic.

4. scout2000

scout2000 Y-Block King

I agree.

I strongly suspect that much like many of the goofy things that Ford ended up doing when the new/last 2-seater Thunderbird showed up, those were forced by modern safety regulations, etc.

No doubt, International would be in the same boat with a new Scout. I suspect that we would not have the option of a 'safety' all steel interior. No fear of death from inhaling toxic chemicals from burning plastic after a bad accident with steel. Plus, magnets. Magnets were the future. At least till plastics got a foot hold in the automotive community. And computers.

5. patrick r

patrick r Farmall Cub

Very interesting. Honestly I’m surprised they have been able to turn the corner. It’s been some rough years for Navistar.
    My sister was an exec at Navistar for many years. The then President wanted to bring the Scout back and it was quickly shot down, but you never know.

6. stroker3

stroker3 Dreams of Cub Cadets

This GM deal has been talked about for a while now. There have been some masked ones showing up in some articles trying to hide the look. Kinda wondering if/when it would actually happen. Too bad they couldn't make the terrastar work for that size range.