Crawl Magazine

Discussion in 'The Skunkwerks' started by Mike Elrod, May 11, 2007.

1. Mike Elrod

Mike Elrod Farmall Cub

May/June issue page 84:gunsmilie:

2. Darrel

Darrel Y-Block King

I think these might be the same guys that started another mag that went out of business after 2 issues. Found their website and it's pretty much empty except for the $25 subscription page.

3. 74binder

74binder Binder Driver

Mike,

Scout looks really good. Good job getting in the mag.

Ed

4. Mark Ashford

Mark Ashford Moderator.. or something Staff Member Moderator

Sort of.

the original mag had a falling out among its creators... some of them spun off into their own mag, which is Crawl, and has since gained a good reputation and repor with the Rock-Crawling and extreme off-road community.

I keep meaning to subscribe but haven't yet... last thing I need is a million magazines around.

5. Beast1210

Beast1210 Farmall Cub

I too have been really impressed with the mag. being they are out of tacoma, they give nice NW exposure, instead of the usual So. Cal. rigs.

6. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

You can buy it any major store magazine rack now. I flipped through it at fred meyers the other day.

7. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've been extermely happy with my Crawl subscription. I've seen more Cornbinders in Crawl then any other wheelin' rag out there. I've got the subscription renew sitting here on my desk and will ben sending them another check on monday.

8. Darrel

Darrel Y-Block King

That sounds like there's 2 different mags out there which is not the case. I know for a fact the original mag went out of business because I had a subscription that ended after 2 issues and it was posted all over Pirate4x4. The old mag also had a good reputation until it disappeared.

Good to see they have some binders in it. Might be worth a look now that they've been in business a while.

9. Mike Elrod

Mike Elrod Farmall Cub

Crawl Mag is independent of XOM. Brandon Foster is a down to earth dude.

What you can't tell in the first pick of Tank Trap is that I was in 2nd gear low range and the 392 was at about 4 grand;). The second pick me and Danger Ranger were dragin our buddy Garin out of the Trap cause he spun a front 60 tube and wasted his front end, Good Times:beer:

10. Scott Sinner

Scott Sinner High Wheeler

That was you....

11. mormetl

mormetl High Wheeler

I knew it was a good magazine when I saw a write-up they did on IHOnly's 4-barrel aluminum intake in the May/June 2006 issue. I snagged it from a buddy. I've been impressed with the number of Scouts I've seen in there as well. I still have to get the latest copy - on my way to Barnes & Noble:scout: .

12. 74binder

74binder Binder Driver

Mike,

How about some more pics of your rig. I'd like to know about your current set-up. What kind of injection on the 392?

Ed

13. Damian Grihalva

Damian Grihalva High Wheeler

I think Crawl is one of the best mags currently out there. XOM (the original extreme mag) did die and cause quite a controversy, but Crawl has really outlived the critics and continues to produce great articles that actually have pictures of the events and trails they go on. I love it.

14. jhnyct

jhnyct High Wheeler

I really like the PNW coverage as well. It seems much more like the local wheeling here in the southeast than the southwest desert stuff. I have enjoyed my Crawl subscription better than any of the mainstream stuff I get. They are much more up to date than the others. You don't read about events and new products three months ofter the fact. :chris:

15. Darrel

Darrel Y-Block King

Just an quick update. Crawl is supposed to be 6 issues per year, but it appears that only 1 issue has been released so far this year. There's some chit chat on Pirate that the next issue is supposed to be out any day. Hopefully they'll get their house in order soon for all of you with subscriptions.

16. lev1a

lev1a High Wheeler

I picked up about an issue month ago while I was standing in line at autozone. Def. a good mag. I thought it was a current issue but guess not as there is a 91 yj on mentioned page. I have been watching for another one whenever I am in there , but have yet to see one . Guess I need to cough up some cash for a sub.:hammer:

17. rick W.

rick W. Binder Driver

I would not subscribe to Crawl, good chance you will loose your money......Just buy it one issue at a time if you like it.

18. Gregg S.

Gregg S. Farmall Cub

I have liked the photos and articles so far. Not just another carbon copy of how to lift your Jeep or Blazer, or whatever. But the font size is real small and I get headaches from reading it. I have 20/20 vision and do not get headaches from any other reading. Just wish the print was the usual size as other mags.