Chinese pots and pans

Discussion in 'IHC Military Vehicles' started by Dave Ball, Oct 17, 2020 at 8:21 PM.

1. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

Hello everyone...
    I am working on my second load to scrap and I keep coming across stuff that it kills me to scrap. I I know you say then don't. That is not where my life is heading. Operating a storage yard for wayward military trucks is a young man's dream. I am selling some parts here and there on Facebook and other sites.
    I am finding that these parts are not needed by anyone or shipping and or traveling to get them is not going to happen. Last load was mostly M2 and M3 parts. I am now going through the M5 and whats left of M2 and M3 parts.
    My plans are to be sitting someplace with only one project in two years.
    Thats my Dodge command car.
    So what follows is some pictures of some parts you won't see anywhere else.
    Rare yes like a french meatloaf. :)
    These are being loaded on my trailer for the long ride...

2. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

I would love to make the 1000 mile trip to haul home a load of scrap priced treasure but just not too sure its even an option in the near future. Time or fuel wise.
    I'm not too sure I would need anything much else to do my M5, but I will probably needs lots of stuff for the M3 if I ever get to it. I know I need a grille guard and bumperettes. Probably lots of misc stuff I don't even know about for now, and the truck is so buried in the yard its not likely just taking a passing look would reveal much.
    I guess that stuff could be shipped but it won't be cheap due to the size and weight.
    I sold my last M2 so don't even want to know what you have for them.

I'm hoping to have another 10-12 yrs of playing before I too will need to make some hard decisions about what goes to the scrap yard. I'm currently parting out a B162 that was an air force truck originally. Only wanted the bed and some little stuff but can I just take that and scrap the rest....Hell no. I have to save every little trinket just in case. It is a disease I wish I could cure.

Post away with pictures so we can at least window shop!

3. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

Hi George...
    I think I kept too much stuff when looking for parts for my trucks.. Its the old I might need this stuff because its unobtainable story. There are some small parts in this pile of stuff, Look close.
    There is some parts I will keep and sale that can be shipped reasonably and some that the scrape yard will get. Anything parts posted will be here until next Friday.
    I have lowered my My M5 to $4500 and the M2 parts truck to $800. My M5 really needs a new home I have a lot more than I am asking in it. That's always the case though with Internationals.

Attached Files:

4. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

couple more pictures.

Attached Files:

5. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

The first picture in Post 4 shows some roller chain buried in a pile of other chain and stuff; is that part of a Coffing hoist?
    I'd think parts like axles would be useful just as bar stock for turning or blacksmithing, but many of the other parts I have no idea about. I also don't know anyone, particularly around here, who restores those old trucks, just Model A's and such. I even made a few unsuccessful phone calls asking about interest.
    Suppose you listed the 'stand-alone' headlights on Ebay as "steampunk" items, possible Covid Blasters, or Rare Mantel Decorations, priced appropriately, say, at $150 each? Ever seen what "distressed" jeans sell for?

Here's a picture of the type of Coffing hoist I'm familiar with:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 12:33 AM
  6. Dave Ball

Dave Ball High Wheeler

Thats what that is Dana. I took several of those and sold them at Tower Park a few years ago. I got them and the chains and other hoist parts out of a tool box on a M3 wrecker. The wrecker is in Arizona getting restored. I never threw much away from parts trucks.
    You are right about the rarity but at the same time there is a lack of interest in the Mtrucks.
    20 years ago they were getting worked on in several countries around the globe.
    Now I know of a couple getting put back on the road.
    :beer:

7. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

Dave:
    I am interested in trying to put together some type of package of parts. I don't pay much attention to the PM system here and would prefer old fashioned email so as not to tie up this thread.
    I wish I had the ability to grab your M5. Still can't believe interest has evaporated that bad on them.
    I'd like to see some pics of the M2 even after I said I'd never buy another after selling my last one. They are small enough to haul on a car trailer and not be hassled by the DOT boys every time I turn around.
    I don't seem to have your email anymore but if you can contact me at george.yingst@yahoo.com I can give you a list of things I'm interested in and maybe we can make some kind of deal. If I have to come get stuff I know it cannot be until next spring at best. There is no way I can get away before then.
    George

8. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

Dave; I sent you a PM.