CHECK IT OUT! Danner Inc. is building a'74 Scout to give away!!!

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Howie Lederfind, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Howie Lederfind

Howie Lederfind Farmall Cub

If you have not seen this yet, you need to check it out! Danner Boots is completely restoring a 74 Scout II and giving it away! It looks to be a really nice Scout when they're done...and they're sparing no expense! Here's the link below...

http://www.dannerscout.com/

2. Mike Price

Mike Price Binder Driver

Sweet find Howie:punk: Guess I need to buy some boots:cool2: .

3. Darel

Darel High Wheeler

In the rules it says no purchase necesary, but I can't find a way to enter. I think they may be holding off taking entries until the Oct 1st date I saw on the page, u8nless someone figured out how to enter? I just sold my Traveler, I need a new Scout!

4. Bruce Shealy

Bruce Shealy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I couldnt see a way to enter online either,..but my guess is, you are going to HAVE to actually go inside a Danner dealer to fill out a hard copy entry form and drop it in a box. I am going to go by my nearest Danner dealer this week, so I will post up the details.

5. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

The rolling chasis was at our Binder Bee show last month!!

We had the 1st voting for the paint color at the show, days before the voting went 'online'.

And they also handed out free Great Western Binder Bee/Danner Scout T-shirts - Pretty cool if you ask me.

6. lonchair

lonchair High Wheeler

According to the rules, you can't enter until October 1st. My guess is you will be able to enter online after then.

7. Hutch

Hutch Farmall Cub

FWIW, if you are looking for a new pair of boots, Danners are a great choice. I blow through boots and shoes pretty fast, and have had a pair of Danner work boots for about 4 years now. They are in great shape and are easily the most comfortable boot I have EVER worn. For three years I spent 5-6 days a week wearing them for 8-16 hrs/ day. They are a bit scuffed up now and the tread is starting to get low enough to make me think about a resole, but other than that zero problems (except I seem to blow through laces pretty quick on them!). I highly recommend them, and the fact that they are building a scout is just awesome too.

8. Darel

Darel High Wheeler

If I could afford Danners I woudn't be entering a raffle for a free Scout.

It does say you can request a hard copy by mail if you don't have a Danner retailer near you. I'll be waiting in line.

9. DaveinOC

DaveinOC Farmall Cub

How cool.
    My business partner actually worked at the dealer in Gladstone Or. many moons ago and washed and parked all the new Scouts!! Did you hear the lifters on that thing when he started it up in the barn? He also commented in the video that the 345 had been "converted" to a 4 barrel, perhaps he had the line ticket that said 2 barrel. Also he made kinda a big deal that the 1974 had no emissions stuff, but at least in Oregon he doesn't have to DEQ it. Wonder how much they paid for the scout?

10. scoutman800

scoutman800 Y-Block King

that's incredibly cool. i will at least check out danners. i go thru workboots pretty fast. if i won another scout the jeep would go byebye.