Can Hamilton injection support boost

Discussion in 'Injection Tech' started by Ledbeter36, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Ledbeter36

Ledbeter36 Farmall Cub

I'm seriously considering a single or dual turbo SV build. I know many have been started or attempted and abandoned. But it would have to be FI. Can the Hamilton system do it.

2. Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the club.
    Yes the system can be tuned for boost.
    None of my projects get any time so you will probably be done before me.

3. Ledbeter36

Ledbeter36 Farmall Cub

Thanks Bill. No matter what I decide I'll be going with your system. I have a friend in Osawattame Ks that has two of your systems and they are perfect running. Excellent support he says also. Love your videos. My biggest problem is no one nearby has a built SV I can ride in to see what performance can really be had. I know the numbers from the few dyno runs here but that's just that a NUMBER! It don't mean that much to me. I once built a truck engine a 350 all for torque everyone said it would be a disappointment since I didn't go for max HP. It turned out strong quick and drivable. I'm sure it had maybe and I mean maybe 250 at the crank since it was little more than a tbi 350 with rv cam, custom tune, rebuilt with stock heads not even a vortex. But it was great. So I don't get hung up on numbers I need real world results. I know turbo is over the top but it would be low boost.

4. Ledbeter36

Ledbeter36 Farmall Cub

BTW I'd love to see a video of your built 345 acceleration etc. everything I've read said it was pin you in the seat quick. Just saying I'd love to see it.

5. jfraz3

jfraz3 Farmall Cub

You dont live in Fla anymore bro! Lol and your gonna bolt an LS in and me and you both know it! Lol just kiddin'

I can tell ya right now, soon as I get enuf sacked back for the rifle I ordered, I'll be sackin' back for a Hamilton set up!

6. Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The only video I really have is just the dyno run listed in the dyno thread in the main forum.
    jfraz3- what rifle did you order?

7. Ledbeter36

Ledbeter36 Farmall Cub

Yeah but turbo technology and fi tech getting better, cheaper and more user friendly all the time. Tell me you kinda don't want to drive a turbo charged fuel inject SV powered scout? Considering all the add up costs of LS swaps it's all about a wash money wise.

8. jfraz3

jfraz3 Farmall Cub

Ya got me there buddy...

9. crlhighliner

crlhighliner Farmall Cub

Works great.
    HFI can do it
    1970 Scout 800
    196 with HFI and T3 turbo
    Runs like it should have from the factory, spent last winter working on the install. Broke my phone and lost all my build photos. Still fine tuning but very satisfied with the HFI and the turbo is the icing on the cake. Ran great in mountains at RMIHR this year. Would like to do a write up on it with some better photos when I get time. Will be at Nats in a few weeks too.

Attached Files: