Camping/trail ride/cruise in weekend...

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by Mike Moore, May 19, 2012.

1. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

It works out well for me. It's on the calendar and I am looking forward to it. I do hope I am not the only other IHr there.

2. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Me, too. But if you are...there will just be more campfire for the few of us!:D

3. zuke

zuke Farmall Cub

Sorry, Looks like a no go for me, that's the same weekend as the Big Dogs Summer Slam at the Cove...

4. atlantascoutfan

atlantascoutfan Binder Driver

Count me in, Scout or no Scout. I can't wheel the Xterra at the moment so if we do a trail ride I will have to ride shotgun or in the back seat of someone's rig. Or I can just occupy a hammock in the shade, whatevs. It's all good. :D

5. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

I was hoping to get Alan's going for this too.

6. atlantascoutfan

atlantascoutfan Binder Driver

I would like that as well. It has sat for far too long and has a full tank of gas that isn't getting any younger I'd like to use up. :yes:

7. Brian Schermann

Brian Schermann Binder Driver

Hi all

I may be able to due a Friday night /Saturday thing. Have to work mids on Sunday, would have to leave either Sat night or early Sun. No scout, maybe the dodge. Will check schedule.

Later Brian

8. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

So how are we arranging this endevour? Alan is helping me with my ball joint issue. Now what is basic plan? I have two tents, too small or too big, two canopies and just about any camping equipment we could need. Are we cooking our own meals? I like to make breakfasts, so if volunteers are needed for something, sign me for moring chuck wagon detail. How many are coming? How many campsites? Where are we camping?

Looking forward to next weekend's adventures.

E

9. Mike Moore

Natural Chimneys campground...Mt Solon, VA. I generally try to get D-20 site, or somewhere thereabouts. I will call Monday to get mine reserved. I'll take some firewood up. You are on for breakfast!:clap: There is electricity on the sites, and we're a hundred yards or so from a restroom/shower. There is also a pool there, and a river that is generally dry, but should be running right now. We're within easy walking distance of a little store, but they are closed at night...it's no 7-11!

Rough schedule is as follows:
    -Get tehre Friday night, do dinner on your own. I will likely get up there by 5pm Friday, myself. Matt and Jennifer are out of town, so I can get there early.
    -Saturday morning, 9-10amish, we generally get loaded up for a little trail ride. Rawley Springs is closed off now, so we really only have a few options. Most likely we'll run through Union Springs like we usually do, then return to camp. Pack a lunch for the trail...Brian, er, someone will likely break something and we'll be up there for a few hours.;)
    -Return to Natural Chimneys in time to get a fire going and have dinner. Bring something to toss on the fire, and we generally have a smorgasbord of food, grab-n-growl. I may do a pork loin, or possibly thaw some venison.
    -Sunday we usually pack up and head out by lunchtime or so, and often a group hits the local Mexican restaurant for lunch.

I figure with the small group we'll have, and low IH turnout, we can decide if we want to do a trail ride at all or not. Shoot...we can go to the river and fish, take a shop tour, toilet paper Wes VanPelt's house...we'll figure somethin' out, if we decide against the trail ride!

Who's in?
    Mike Moore
    Eddie Moore
    Erik Morton
    Brian Schermann maybe
    Alan St John
    Dave Nutter
    Wes Dadisman Friday night

Anyone else?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  10. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

Excellent thanks, D20 is closest to the river, perfect. Let me know when you get your site and I'll try to book a neighbor.

My Scout and I look forward to a little trail riding and wheeling. It's been too long.

I might have to find that Mexican restaurant Friday afternoon too.

See ya
    E

11. Mike Moore

Call my cell...I'll meet you there Friday. A little Mexican food is only bettered by a lot of Mexican food.;)

12. Dave Nutter

Dave Nutter Farmall Cub

I'm in (I think). Jan is trying to recover from a sinus infection and camping not at the top of her wish list for this weekend. Hoping to be there Friday PM. Not sure what I'm driving at this point, but will be IH.

13. Mike Moore

Great, Dave! I like the "not sure, but" clause in there...makes it a little more exciting!

14. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

Dave,

nice job building the anticipation.

15. Ty M

Ty M Farmall Cub

I'm out. I have to go work the Franklin Fair all weekend. :wrenching: Have fun y'all!

16. Mike Moore

Those who are coming...do we want to do a trail ride, or hang out at the campground and hike/lounge at the pool, etc? We could have a mini-workday at the shop, cruise up to Skyline Drive, go to a couple Civil War sites. We can even go to my place with this small of a group and lay low in the AC if the weather is foul...or weedeat and clean up my yard of the weather is nice.;)

What do we want to do? Are there enough driver's seats to make passenger's seats for a trail ride?

17. Dave Nutter

Dave Nutter Farmall Cub

I'm cool with what everyone else wants to do. That being said, I'm leaning toward bringing the 53 which doesn't lend itself to trail riding. As for the mini-work day, I hope it doesn't begin on the trip there. That reminds me, Mike could you PM me your cell # ? I 've misplaced it. Skyline Drive sounds interesting, could be selling point for Jan. I know from experience we'll have a good time whatever we do.

18. Mike Moore

540-478-5136, Dave.

19. Mike Moore

Nutter...you had better roll up in somethin' like this:
    [​IMG]

20. Dave Nutter

Dave Nutter Farmall Cub

mine has more "patina"