Buying experiences from Anything Scout?

Discussion in 'Anything Scout' started by xlcaferacer, Feb 18, 2010.

1. BioTex

BioTex High Wheeler

Shackles, brake hose, cross shaft rebuilt kit. Since it was my first time dealing with this company, I kept the order small on purpose to test the water. Too bad to, because when one does a frame off resto, there is a lot of money on the plate to offer.

I did get a call back right after posting this, saying my parts would ship today.
    Thanks for the call back Sean!

2. MrWolf

MrWolf Farmall Cub

I am also waiting for my shipping and replies from emails kindly asking of order status. They charged my account August 28th, but I haven't heard from them since. I discovered this thread just now and I see now that my experience is not a single incident, but it seems that all have gotten their stuff eventually so I guess I just have to wait a little longer and try calling them for follow-ups. Might not be the best place to order if you are in a hurry?

3. Richard *UT*

Richard *UT* Farmall Cub

I have been leaving mesages but I haven't had a return yet. I purchased a service manual for a 78 scout on the 13th and nothing yet. I got an email saying I would get an email when the manual shipped but still nothing. I got a hold of someone the other day and she said she would look into it and send me an email by the end of business that day. Nothing yet. :confused:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  4. 4x4ihscouter

4x4ihscouter Guest

Just a note. If your buying everyday parts do your research. You DO NOT have to order a "clutch" from a scout company, they are still quite easy to find if you know what to look for. Quit going to auto zone and expecting to find it. I have almost completely restored a 65 from mostly "off the shelf replacements". Search by part number and not by year, make, model. It will save you a serious headache. 9 times out of 10 the part number is on the item you are replacing. BTW I ordered a part from these guys 10 days ago and still do not have a CORRECT tracking number(which I can provide for proof) all I can go off of is the fact that she said it shipped. This day and age that's like the president telling me he's American.:stupid:

UPDATE Please read this was my response to him:
    "WOW As far as my remark IT WILL BE REMOVED AND A SERIOUSLY POSITIVE MESSAGE WILL REPLACE IT. Got the package yesterday but the tracking number I got did not work so (in this day and age I hope you will understand) I got concerned. I WILL BE DOING BUSINESS With your CO. again as long as you will accept my greatest apology. "

I decided no to remove this because I wanted you all to see my mistake. This Co. appears to be very trustworthy I was just simply being paranoid. I would like to apologize to MR. Barber publicly for this error in my judgement.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011
  5. MrWolf

MrWolf Farmall Cub

A little update on my order from Anything Scout. Got all the parts yesterday. OK, it took a while to get here, but it all looks like good items. I'll gladly do business with them again.

6. sneeddish

sneeddish Farmall Cub

Just read thru all this, wanted to toss in my 2 cents.
    I've placed a few orders with the Anything Scout group and want to say that I've had positive experiences. However, I call them for the order process and with questions when things get delayed (I don't email them). In this day and age we often want things instantly (I know many of the clients I have do). The parts that I have ordered are often not off the shelf parts and are being provided from a third party. If you wanted a 88 bronco you could get parts next day but plan an extra week or two when ordering parts for your Scout. Sean has taken the time to talk about the parts I need and with body parts has even helped get some parts that aren't listed on the website (top bedrails anyone). Hope this helps, I'll continue to use Anything Scout as one of the parts suppliers for my '73.

7. tdc

tdc Dreams of Cub Cadets

Also in this day and age of Credit Cards, any time I've had a bad experience and go back to the CC company, they reimburst me. Considering the fact that I didn't even get billed on stuff I bought for at least 30 days, and their refund policy of paying me back, regardless of vendor error and time frame (once it was even 50 days). I'm still 100% after all these years.
    No worries, thanks :beer:

8. Mark F.

Mark F. Farmall Cub

Has anybody heard anything of late from Anything Scout? I can't get them to answer my emails or phone calls, and they are now late on completing my bumper. Just wondering how concerned I should be. I have been trying to reach them for weeks, and nothing.

9. Carolina Scout

Carolina Scout Farmall Cub

[​IMG] spoke to them Monday. Ordered a tranny mount. Spoke to two different people there.

10. Mark F.

Mark F. Farmall Cub

Yes, I finally heard from Sean. I have been told my bumper is complete and on its way. Paid the second half of the bill. I'll post when it gets here.

11. Mark F.

Mark F. Farmall Cub

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did receive my bumper in time to get it installed for RMIHR. It is a fine product, and I can't imagine it ever wearing out. The trailer axel as the pivot for the arm is genius. Bearings and all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jeff Bade

Jeff Bade Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Remember the Scout Light Line Dealers are few and far between and if they all go away so will the support for our trucks.

Buying from them instead of the local parts chain is not only supporting our community but also small business.

Another note on this thread.
    Don't go posting bad experiences if you have not taken the time to talk to the vendor and tried to make things right first.

13. Shineshop

Shineshop Guest

:oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  14. FatalFlyingGuillotine

FatalFlyingGuillotine Farmall Cub

Which bumper is that?? I love it. Definitely want to look into it.

FFG

15. phall925

phall925 Farmall Cub

Wanted to add my experience from Anything Scout. Very nice people. Bought a set of custom bumpers for my SII. Front came first and the rear is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Very high quality stuff. They took a while but I was warned from the beginning by Sean, so no surprises there. Sometimes communication could be a little infrequent but Sean always returned my calls sometimes it was just a day or so later. This is not a big issue because I feel like this is an American running a small business helping out his local economy and providing a service to a select group of people. Way to go Sean. I will definitely buy from them in the future

16. Shineshop

Shineshop Guest

:oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  17. bill biggs

bill biggs Farmall Cub

Visit to Anything Scout

Just got back from a visit to the Anything Scout shop. Sean is doing some work for me on a build. Up till now I knew Sean to be a good salesman and a knowledgable mechanic, but I don't live in Iowa and this was my first visit to his shop. I wasn't sure what to expect.

I was very impressed with the work he had done, both on my truck and the other projects he had on the go. Sean is a very straight up guy who happens to be busy as sh&^t this year, and like some of you guys have mentioned he doesn't always return phone calls... but he has been excellent to deal with. Some of the projects that those guys have on the go are pretty damn impressive. Pretty ingenious work being turned out of that shop, stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else. Those guys may not have a website full of their builds, but they are definitely good mechanics with some slick engineering skills. I'm very glad I chose to deal with them.

Bill

18. FatalFlyingGuillotine

FatalFlyingGuillotine Farmall Cub

Alrighty... Thought I'd throw down a quick post about my first buying experience with Anything Scout. The PO of my Scout definitely damaged at least the original mirror on the driver's side and damaged the door itself in that area. The mirrors he replaced those with are absolutely terrible, at least where he mounted them. They barely adjust, they are far too small and I can't even see anything with them. I ordered the Fit System Sport Swing-Away Van/Pick-Up Mirrors in satin black on August 25th (a Saturday), late at night. They arrived the 5th of September, packaged well, new in boxes, no damage.

Good stuff. Satisfied customer!

FFG

19. Elwood

Elwood Farmall Cub

I currently have an order pending with these guys and have some questions about changing the order, etc. I've called twice, left messages, sent emails. No reply? The money did go out of my bank account pretty quick though. Looking at the posts on here i see some people defending these guys' bad customer service b/c its a small business. That's just bunk. SEE next post.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  20. Elwood

Elwood Farmall Cub

Not sure if this board made the difference but communication is moving. Plus my friend swears by these guys. Update: Order was revised, products arrived, it all looks good. Comms were much better after my post and I think they really wanted to take care of me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012