Buying experiences from Anything Scout?

Discussion in 'Anything Scout' started by xlcaferacer, Feb 18, 2010.

1. xlcaferacer

xlcaferacer Guest

Would like to know other people's experiences with buying from Anything Scout. I'm not having a good one right now. Ordered a clutch for my scout II daily driver and have been waiting 3 weeks now. Was told it shipped a week and a half ago but no. Then told it was supposed to have shipped yesterday but I still have no tracking # and they said they would call me with the #. If it actually did ship it, it will be almost a month to have gotten my part by the time it shows up. Is this how they normally operate or is this a special occasion?

2. Doc Stewart

Doc Stewart Content Team Staff Member Moderator

You will get your part but it won't be prompt. Other Light Line people are more business like.

3. 235frog

235frog Farmall Cub

I've always had good luck with them. I would like to say that this is a special case, but typically I order from IHOnlyNorth since they are closer to where I live and usually have everything I need.

4. xlcaferacer

xlcaferacer Guest

Just got a message saying they're sorry for the delay but three weeks to build and ship a clutch? I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but it takes a full day or more for them to return my calls and I just wander if customer service is not their strong point. Hopefully it shows up in a few days and I am proven that they are good to deal with.

5. xlcaferacer

xlcaferacer Guest

Just talked to the owner. He made everything right and I will probably do business here again.

6. Dkminors

Dkminors Farmall Cub

If you bought that diaphragm clutch kit please let us know how you like it. I was considering looking at that myself.

7. medium8080

medium8080 Farmall Cub

I've had nothing but good experience with Anything Scout

8. michigan scout

michigan scout High Wheeler

I have done buisness with them a few times and always great! They even have on their website a place to post pics and introduce yourself to other IH people..pretty cool..

9. Gottbetter

Gottbetter Farmall Cub

I love my rear bumper. It did take a little bit of extra time, but I got everything and the build quality is 1st class.

10. medium8080

medium8080 Farmall Cub

I've had nothing but good experience with Anything Scout

11. benriley

benriley Guest

I waited 5 weeks for my window felt kit and am almost 8 weeks out od door escutchans. I have call them 3 times and have spoken to someone in the office. I have never received shipping confirmation even though I was told twice that it would be forthcoming. I understand when things are out of stock, but please tell me that this is the case. The only instance where they were prompt was processing my order and taking my money. Not happy at all

12. jstuart

jstuart Farmall Cub

they have always treated me great. good phone communication and good shipping in my experiences with them.

13. charles09086

charles09086 Farmall Cub

Absolutely HORRIBLE follow-up and touching base with the customer. I've dealt with Anything Scout twice now and it's been the same result. No shipment confirmation, no tracking number, but they'll take your money ASAP. Called them on both occasions and was told items have been shipped already. Waited some more, finally received the items and the date marked on the package was stamped 3 days after when I spoke with them on the phone. Not only do they perpetually not communicate, but they also :censored: lie. I'll sell my truck before I give another penny to Anything Scout.

14. charles09086

charles09086 Farmall Cub

Spoke with the owner, Sean, a couple of times over email and he's made things right by me. He seems to be a nice guy with a lot on his plate, so I won't black ball anyone that has the willingness to make things right by the customer. I plan on doing future business with Anything Scout without hesitation.

15. Tres03

Tres03 Binder Driver

I placed an order for a Z-Bar with them last monday and wtoe them the next day to make sure they got it and to try to get an ETA on the shipping. Amanda wrote me back on Tuesday and said she will check and get back with me. I never did hear back from her last week and wrote her again last week. I called and left a message today and emailed again.

I will post more infor when it comes up. I sure hope I get it this week. Its the last piece I need to get my scout up and running.:punk:

Update: The Z-Bar Came in as promised. It is awsome, what a great toy. I would definatly buy from again. Sean is a very nice guy. and once he got involved it went very smooth.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  16. cody1bud

cody1bud Guest

Dont do it... Just dont do it! That seems to be his M.O.... charge first,ship never, communicate last... no return phone calls or emails... then when you do talk to him (sean), he ksises your *** and make you feel ok about getting f*&^%$d! read charles above... he has no prob taking your money... everything else sucks. i will never, ever do buisness with them again. i should post some pics of the crap he sent me...

17. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I suggest that you do post some pics... Very good ones.

Otherwise a person with no post count that hasn't been here long doesn't carry a lot of weight here.

I see these posts all the time against vendors.. more often than not they are just the rantings of someones "buddy" trying to get a rise out of someone for no reason.

So... put up or shut up.

You have 12 hours to post pics or I delete your post as spam.

-John

18. ScottyG12

ScottyG12 Farmall Cub

I've had an iffy kind of experience with them. I bought a tie-rod end from them a while ago. It took well over a month for them to send it and the customer service was a headache. After a few weeks expecting it to arrive I would call once a day and leave a message, not being rude or anything but just asking about the status and they wouldn't call back. The part finally came another few weeks after I sent an email asking about it, it was apparently not in stock for a while but it took them a month and a half and me calling and emailing all the time for them to tell me that. After I received the part, it didn't have the rubber boot piece that they said would come with it but I didn't want to deal with them anymore. In the end its whatever... I won't go back and I'd advise others to just be mindful that they won't really give you any piece of mind until the part is in your hands and you can see it's the right one.

19. BioTex

BioTex High Wheeler

I sure wish I would have read this thread BEFORE I place my order.

I'm having a very bad experience with AnythingScout. I have left several messages, sent an e-mail, checked shipping status every day, nada, nothing.:taz:

Going to give them one more day, then canceling my order. Customer service is the most important part of the sale!

Oh, and I sent an e-mail to Seans listed address, and it came back undeliverable.:nono:

20. Tres03

Tres03 Binder Driver

Wow, thats no good. I hope they get the part out to you. What did you order?