Brake drum help

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by Britt Seay, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Britt Seay

Britt Seay Farmall Cub

Quick story before I get to what I need help with. I have three 60’s pickup. Two parts trucks and one to build. I’m building a 68 3/4 ton and putting a long bed step side bed I got off one of the donor trucks. I had taken about all I could off one of the donor trucks. A nice old gentleman comes through every few weeks to pick up scrap and I spoke to him about taking away the one I’m done with, well he took the wrong donor and had it scrapped. The one thing I needed off that truck was the rear axle to replace the rear drums. Wanted to stay with the 6lug pattern since I also have a good set of chrome covers.

So does anyone have a 60’s 3/4 ton 6 luv rear drum brake set up they are will to sell. Would like to keep this truck all IH and not have to go to the aftermarket axles if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

2. Randall Barringer

Randall Barringer Y-Block King

Dang, that's a bummer. Best of luck with your search.

3. J.J.

J.J. Dreams of Cub Cadets

Dan Hayes at the Binder Boneyard in OR would be your man, long ways from SC though.

JJ in TN

4. 74binder

74binder Binder Driver

I have a 6 lug axle sitting in my shop. I have no idea the condition of the drums and haven't been able to look at them yet. Let me know if you are still looking for them.