Bone Yards in Ft Collins Area

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Binders' started by blybrook, Jan 1, 2011.

1. blybrook

blybrook Farmall Cub

Hello All,

Am down in the lower 48 visiting friends for a few more days. I am wondering if there are any good bone yards with Scouts or older vehicles in the Ft Collins / Denver area. I'm going to be in town until the 5th; but would look for some small parts if there's anything available.

Also looking for a brake master cylinder cap for a CJ2 - CJ5. 1-1/4 unf threads; most of the parts houses in my local area can't even order it.

Thanks in advance

Bill

2. Carl Herboth

Carl Herboth Farmall Cub

Get in touch or visit Coonrod's in Grant, Co. Grant is SW of Denver. He has just about anything ever made for a Scout, thousands of parts. Phil is a great guy and may be able to help you.

49352 Hwy 285, Grant, CO. 80448

Phone: 303-838-8505

Good luck,
    Carl

3. Will Marsh

Will Marsh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'll second Coonrod's.

Martin's on Hwy 34 between Greeley and Loveland usually has a few IH Scout's and Trucks in the yard. Go east 5 miles from I-25 Exit 257 on US34 to the top of the hill. Pricing varies from Good to Outrageous depending on the mood Carroll happens to be in. :(

Anderson's in Greeley usually has a few as well. Pic-n-pull, pricing is consistently reasonable. Take the US85 Bypass around the East side to 8th Street, then East 3 miles on 8th Street. Note you want 8th STREET (which runs East-West just north of the Cache La Poudre River) and not 8th AVENUE (which runs N-S and becomes the US85 business loop through downtown).

For the CJ, you might check out Jeeps Unlimited in Erie. From I-25 Exit 228 (Hwy 7 Lafayette/Brighton 168th Ave) get on the East Frontage road and go North 2 miles to Weld County Road 6, then East 1/4 mile. You could also go up to Exit 232 (Erie) and come back South one mile to WCR 6. They may have some Scout stuff as well.

HTH,

Will Marsh

4. blybrook

blybrook Farmall Cub

Thanks guys. I knew this would be the place to ask. Now to let the g/f let me disappear into the yard for a short while.

May check out Coonrods as we're heading towards Denver today. Will see what happens there.

As a side note; the CJ part is actually for a trailer! Them military trailers have some weird threads on them!

Appreciate the help.

Bill