Bolt in Radiators for Scout II, Scout 800, Travelall and pickups

Discussion in 'RND Fabrication' started by SparkyBinder, Oct 1, 2013.

1. SparkyBinder

SparkyBinder Farmall Cub

we only build one cooler into the radiator, and you can use it for transmission, oil or power steering. Aside from that, we do build catch cans and reservoirs, which would get you additional capacity but not necessarily more cooling of those fluids like a plate style cooler would.

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

power steering coolers have nothing to do w/rads. on the old ford type pump's, they had a coil on top or around the resevoir, for cooling. got a few of them, will get pics an post. jeff

3. 77Binder

77Binder Farmall Cub

Glad to hear! got a deer with my 1970 1100D Travelall. Destroyed the radiator. it is my daily driver so need to work fast. I'm in IL - can you give a cost for radiator and shipping and approximate time frame?

4. 77Binder

77Binder Farmall Cub

I have a 70 Travelall 345 automatic with air conditioning. I need a price on a radiator with electric fan and controller. My area code is 61356. It's my daily driver and I need to get it back on the road as quick as possible. Just put the fan through the radiator. Had a slight lapse of brain activity.

thebanditscout likes this.
  5. Daniel S

Daniel S Farmall Cub

just curious as I will need to replace my radiator and fuel tank soon. How much for a 1974 100 pickup with amc 258? Also how much lead time and shipping to Southern California? Thank you!

6. SparkyBinder

SparkyBinder Farmall Cub

They are $375 with forum discount ($400 retail). Lead time is about 2-3 weeks, and shipping to S. Ca is $65. If you want to order, you can send me a PM or email me at sparky@rndfabrication.com

7. Mace

Mace Farmall Cub

Sparky, do you have any info on using these radiators in a scout 80 (I assume some mods will be necessary) with a 4.3 v6.
    The scout is in Las Vegas so cooling capacity is very important.

Thanks!

8. SparkyBinder

SparkyBinder Farmall Cub

we used to make them for the 80's, but there were way too many fitment issues so we discontinued them and only make them for the 800, Scout, Travelall, Pickup and Traveler. I suppose if you were willing to cut / modify your core support you could use the 800 unit.

9. Mace

Mace Farmall Cub

I have an 800 radiator that I'll put in my 80 to see the differences. Modifying the core support is not a big deal. Everything else is altered lol. FB_IMG_1530764318324.jpg FB_IMG_1531196446417.jpg FB_IMG_1531196458295.jpg