Bleeding clutch slave cyl. on scout 80

Discussion in 'IH Parts America' started by cwscout64, May 28, 2011.

1. cwscout64

cwscout64 Farmall Cub

Im trying to bleed my clutch slave cylinder and Im haveing issues with it building up to much pressur. The steps Im takeing: I remove master cyl cap and make sure fluid is at the fill line, then while Im under the scout at the slave cyl bleed nippl, my partner is in the truck at the peddle, with the bleed nipple shut the peddle is pumped then pushed down as far as it will go,(right now the pressure is so strong the peddle will only go about half way) then i open the bleed nipple and the peddle gose to the flore, I then close the bleed nipple, my partner lifts his foot from the peddle to release pressure from it, when pumped after it builds up to much pressure and I can not get it to go into gear. Dose anyone see the flaw in my steps? I need help and need to know what in doing wrong?

2. Jeff Ismail

Jeff Ismail High Wheeler

Sounds like you have other issues with your clutch linkage. The clutch forks are known to be a wear item and need to be addressed after this many years of use. Either search the general tech forum here on BP or see our forums under the transmission section for more pointers.

3. timscout1

timscout1 High Wheeler