Big favor to ask, engine swap.

Discussion in 'Hill Country Binders - Central TX' started by rustfreeTX, Jun 13, 2019.

1. rustfreeTX

rustfreeTX Binder Driver

First off, sorry I didn't make the bash this year, I was on-call for work. I'm getting close to finishing my engine rebuild, probably within the next couple months. Do we have anyone in the group that has done a rebuild before or is pretty knowledgeable on the subject? I'd like another set of eyes to look over everything before I try starting it up. I know about the pre-oiling technique. At some point I wanted to see if I could get the club to come over for a wrench day to help me swap engines. I'd need to borrow a hoist and chains/carb plate, Bob use to have one that may still be available, if not I'd have to source one. Anyway, getting kind of nervous, I've put some time and money into this and really don't want to mess things up, so I could use some help.

Thanks, Rob

2. Gimlet

Gimlet Farmall Cub

Rob, I'd be happy to help out, but I am a novice too. I will be facing the same challenge towards the end of the Summer, as I have chosen to go the rebuild route as well and have already procured another 345 for the build. So I will be there to learn and turn as much as I can. Keep us posted -

3. rustfreeTX

rustfreeTX Binder Driver

Cool, thanks for the offer. Who ever decides to go first, we can learn from each others mistakes! haha

Erik Morton likes this.
  4. Hueste

Hueste Farmall Cub

I'm in Houston but travel back and forth to Austin quite frequently. I have a hoist, chains and carb plate and don't have anything too quick on the horizon for needing it. I'll chack back in on my next trip for you to borrow if need be. I put mine in and got it going but it wasn't a rebuild, was a runner from another scout that i just cleaned up the top end and replaced some easy gaskets.

rustfreeTX likes this.