"best year"?

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Ruffian, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Architectdave

Architectdave High Wheeler

73 Scout II is by far the best looking year of all the scouts...best grill and orange from the factory :)

2. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Couple things worth noting...

AFAIK in 1980 with the diesels, the only gearing options you had were 3.54 and 3.73. I don't want you to waste your time building a flux capacitor in vain. :D

You mean the bulkhead connector? :confused:
    It changed style somewhere around '77 or '78, but on up through '80 they still had a harness plug through the firewall at the fuse block...and they still cause trouble, too. ;)

3. Eric Underriner

Eric Underriner Binder Driver

MY YEAR!!!!

Its a highly modified 1977 frame, a highly modified 1980 t case, a 1978 T19, 1980 tub doors tailgate and windshield frame, 1974 rear dodge axle, a 2005 Rockcrusher front axle, a 1972 Travelall 392, 2004 High Angle driveshafts and ebrake, 1985 ford rotors in the rear and early 80s cj rotors in front, mid 80s gm calipers all around, 2002 bestop jeep seats and bikini top, 1974 hood, 1977 grill, and a 1977 Title.

Johnny Cash got it right!!!! Only his was a caddie

4. scoutman800

scoutman800 Y-Block King

You mean the bulkhead connector?
    It changed style somewhere around '77 or '78, but on up through '80 they still had a harness plug through the firewall at the fuse block...and they still cause trouble, too.

ya got that right mike! mine was nasty when i pulled the wiring. it wasn't the cause of my woes, but would have been at some point in time.
    gotta agree the 1973 scout was the best looking. i like my traveler for the extra room to haul gear, but it's butt ugly. what me worry? :D

5. Ruffian

Ruffian Farmall Cub

<<Next is the 76 Patriot Scout, even though it seems not much more than a color scheme.>>

now *that's* what I'd *really* like! I have a few pics of one that I'd upload, but until I find a spare $20, I'll have to be a registered user. :(

How much would one cost, I wonder.<sigh>