Bee Boppin'

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by scoutboy74, Jun 30, 2008.

1. scoutboy74

scoutboy74 Lives in an IH Dealership

Howdy y'all from beyutiful, suthurn Orygun, where the smoke from the Kalifornicate wyld fyres is thick enuff tuh stand on! Got a little scenario to outline here. I really, really want to go to the Bee this year, but with the price of fuel, I just don't know if I'll be able to swing it. While I wouldn't be in the running for the long distance award, it's still a pretty long haul. I'm sure there are plenty of other folks grappling with this very issue, so I know I'm not a special case. What would help push me off the fence is if I knew I stood a good chance of moving some D-series parts during the event, thereby offsetting a major portion of the costs. Most of the items in question are advertised in the classified forum, so I won't go into any detail about them in this post. The purpose of this thread is not to start any bidding wars or anything of that nature. I know the mods wouldn't allow it anyway. All I'm trying to do is see if there might be enough serious interest in some items ahead of time to make the trip not just a wants tuh, but a gots tuh. I realize I could just load the stuff up, drive it up there, hang a sign off my tailgate and most likely be headed back South with a much lighter payload, but I would rather hedge my bet a little. So if anyone wants or needs some sheetmetal or other stuff and is planning on attending the Bee, please feel free to pm or email me or even call five 4 one-8 four 0-four-3-zero 2. That way your anonymity will be protected, if that's a concern. Thanks and hope tuh see y'all at the Bee!

Trever

2. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Given that the full-size stuff usually outnumbers the Scouts at this event, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to unload your metal at the Bee.

I don't remember us having swap meets at the show, though. I would make sure what you are doing is kosher with the chairman or the event staff before you bring a bunch of iron through the gate.

-John

3. scoutboy74

Thanks John. Good advice. I already discussed it with MM via phone call prior to posting this thread. He gave his blessing provided that no event sponsors get overshadowed in the process. As I 'splained to him, I isn't lukin' tuh overshadow nobody. The stuff would be in the back of my truck, with a small hand made sign and a little note posted on the community bulletin board. That's about it. Simple and understated. I just want to see the stuff go to someone who can use it for a fair price.

4. John Donnelly

I have a funny feeling you may be selling it to me, anyway :D

Y'all are a good ayg, dude.

-John

5. Drew Merrick

Drew Merrick Farmall Cub

If you can get up to Maybenville early thursday morning there is a good chance you can hookiebob on the back of MM's trailer. I wouldn't ride inside the trailer, I heard that Kathy isn't to happy that Mike converted the bed to an Axle bench and the kitchen table to a carb station. The propane tanks have probably been converted to MAPP gas for that little extra heat. There might be one or more harvesters stuffed in there as well.

6. John Donnelly

I don't see Mike's Missus allowing that in her campmobile.

;) :D

-John

7. scoutboy74

Mebbe so. Thanks. You crack me up and that ain't no yolk. Cue the rimshot and the chorus of boos.:pinch:

8. scoutboy74

I'd rather cop a squat in the back uh the beater/puller and knaw ona ol' hawgbone with the dawgs.:yes:

9. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

My half the trailertrashtrailer is the comm center (complete with printer and peripherals) for the Bee, the carb bench, the All Terrain Welding Cart Mobile Sales and Service Center (with a demo unit), IHON parts warehouse, and dawg kennel. Momma gits what's left of her double bunk downstairs.

But she' draggin' her own trailer too, fulla Beesupplies, awards, tools, MORE parts, carbs FOR SALE, EZ Ups, coolers, dawgs, raffle goodeez, engine analyzer, box elder beetles, and maple helicopters.

So yeah, there could bee space avaialble for MORE needless and useless junk to be delivered. Gotta save room for the can and bottle pickup program so's we can cash in for gas money on tha ride...jes' like Trev.

We bee at tha Bee noonish on Wednesday prior...is that tomorrow???

10. Carl Wiese

Carl Wiese Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I will mention that as in years past the Binder Bee will not have a swap meet, but people have bought and sold parts at the Bee before, they just keep them in their camp and keep and ear out for what people are looking for. It's worked well in the past. Also in years past we've had a parts wanted/parts for sale board. I don't know if we've got one this year, but we'll see if we can't throw it together. No guarantees.

11. scoutboy74

Sounds good Carl. That's essentially what I was told by Mr. Mayben 'afore I went publik.

12. M. Mayben

M. Mayben High Wheeler

Yep...we WILL have a community bulletin board again this year, I've got index cards and sharpies, but I AIN'T gonna write an ad for ya (unless a commission is involved).

This ain't no different than what we do amongst ourselves every day and at most all meetings and social gatherings, just a MUCH bigger audience! And absolutely NO resemblance to a swap meet.