Back in the game!

Discussion in 'Great Lakes Binders' started by clorefarms, Jul 17, 2013.

1. clorefarms

clorefarms Farmall Cub

well, after regrettably having to completely thin the IH heard of vehicles for cash to invest in our spring planting. i have since recovered and have everything in the ground and its growing nicely. so i welcome my newest edition to the family a 62 c-120. mostly original (paint included). oregon vehicle and the nicest most rust free i have seen. i painted the hood and roof my " signature off white" in place of the bright white it had. both front fenders had been painted but other than that its original paint. i have the ORIGINAL purchase agreement and ORIGINAL line set ticket. i feel so fortunate to have stumbled on such a well preserved piece of IH history! new nvg 5-speed transmission, rebuilt 392, power steering, drives just like a dream! 75 mph in overdrive running 2k rpms! so excited! i will see you all at nationals!

Attached Files:

2. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

KOOL deal ! good looking truck, jeff

3. 70scoutmaster

70scoutmaster Farmall Cub

Where did you buy this truck. I think its the same guy I bought a rebuilt engine from he had one just like it.

4. clorefarms

clorefarms Farmall Cub

probably was! the guy lived on lake st claire and rebuilds engines. it came from oregon which of course it spent its entire existance. he is the head engineer for stanley/black and decker. real nice guy. did a great job rebuilding the engine and adding power steering and the 5 speed trans. used all international stuff whenever he could. his name is ray genick. what did he build for ya?
    kevin

5. 70scoutmaster

70scoutmaster Farmall Cub

Same guy I live a few mile from him. The engine he rebuilt and I bought came out of that truck you bought its a 304 it will go in my Comanche. I thought it was the same truck.

6. clorefarms

clorefarms Farmall Cub

Oh my gosh! Pretty wild! Well your gonna have to find another one for your Comanche cuz I want the original engine! Lol. Well I actually would like to have it just because its the original one but he sure did a great job with the one in my truck! Small world!

7. genelynn1962

genelynn1962 Farmall Cub

Nice looking truck Kevin. I was hoping you wouldn't have to be without an International truck for too long. Sorry, I'm not going to make it to Nationals this year, you'll have to run it by the house if your in my area! My '68 Travelall came from Oregon, there seems to be quite a few nice trucks out there compared to the rest of the nation! Greg

8. clorefarms

clorefarms Farmall Cub

thanks greg, that stinks your not going this year! figured you be there to show me the ropes. is marty going to make it? guess i forgot your travelall came from oregon. yes i agree something about the climate ( and i suppose this particular owner) just as clean and straight and rust free as imaginable. its really something! i will swing through when im in the area.
    take care,
    kevin

a couple pictures when i got it before i put the off white on it. i added the wood stakes, and changed the wheels. did some work to the inside , replaced all the weatherstripping and window felts. its just amazing how it drives with the engine/drivetrain work the P.O. did. really love it!

Attached Files:

9. Forcus

Forcus Farmall Cub

I am curious of your impressions on the NV4500 vs. T-18 / etc. I assume you had before. It's been a long time since I've driven an NV4500 truck, more recently an NV3500 and ZF5, which were all so much nicer to drive than older transmissions like the T-18.

10. clorefarms

clorefarms Farmall Cub

I am not by any means a mechanic nor do I have extensive expertise with transmissions . But I will say the nvg4500 trans that the PO put in this truck is great! I'm not used to driving an IH at highway speeds feeling so comfortable. Probably more because of the 5th gear than the particular brand of tranny but again I'm not an expert . I know he had to custom build a shaft for it. Don't know if that's a drive shaft, or axle shaft or what but he did great. Sorry I can't talk tranny with you more competently!

11. Dennis Bernth

Dennis Bernth Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Saw this truck at Nationals, it's very sharp!

12. clorefarms

clorefarms Farmall Cub

Thanks Dennis, it was my first nats and I had a great time. Unfortunately we had to head back to Michigan Saturday afternoon so I missed the BBQ and award ceremony but I won't miss it next year. There is POSITIVELY not a better group of people than those that make up the IH community. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and will go the extra mile for there fellow enthusiast. I'm very proud to be a small part of it and do all I can to "pay it forward" and uphold the integrity of our unique fellowship. Great, great time! Oh yeah, and I do love my truck too!

13. jeff campbell

jeff campbell Lives in an IH Dealership

yeah i was standing there at my tent when you came in & drove by in your truck ! i was beside dennis, jeff

14. sullyscout77

sullyscout77 Binder Driver

X2 :punk: Nice truck and great company! :yes:

15. michigan scout

michigan scout High Wheeler

Yes nice truck I looked it over