"ARTY" the LAST ONE!

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by supermerle, Aug 20, 2014.

1. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

If the bearing is too big in circumference, then it wont sit properly in the clutch fingers. If it isnt seated within the clutch fingers, then it could rattle due to vibration. It could make sense. Hold your tb up into the forks. Does it fit? It does look like there are witnesses marks where something has contacted the fingers...

2. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

Josh the TOB bearings goes in and out fine, but the bearing everybody keeps trying to sale me is about 1/4" bigger than the original and wonder is that my problem?
    Also; does anybody have a picture of where the clutch pedal bumper (22) goes on the firewall? I had a guy say that could be some of the problem? I have the bumper but I covered the inside with a bedliner and I can't fine the hole where the bumper goes?

3. BigRigg

BigRigg Y-Block King

Hmmm...I'm going to have to think a little more on this. :cornfused:

4. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

Josh Thank you for thinking! I’m about thinker out. I guess I’ll put it back together and try to find somebody that will know or help fix the problem?

5. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

Well; the devils in the details as they say. In picture one is the cross shaft ; which has new ball busing, but I can move the shaft left or right about 2-3"? In picture two shows diagram of linkage and I think I'm missing item #14 (like some spacer that holds clutch fork centered ?)
    I just have diagram so can somebody tell me what the book calls item #14? cross shaft.JPG linkage.jpg

6. patrick r

patrick r Binder Driver

I don’t know what part 14 is, but it looks like a bushing.
    I thought in one of the pics the fork looked way out of center but couldn’t be sure. Until you find those parts, how about making a couple spacers out of some pipe of an adequate size to keep the fork centered. At least you would know if that’s where the noise is coming from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. jmait769

jmait769 High Wheeler

I think that is a parts pic of the Scout II clutch linkage and not an 800. Jack posted a pic of his arm and looks pretty close to yours.

[​IMG]

As long as you have the two bushing installed correctly internally it shouldn’t move much. I suspect it slides a little to compensate for engine torque and chassis movement. The clutch linkage functions, it’s just the rattle when you depress it. The bearing should self-center on the transmission input shaft but maybe look and see if you have contact marks between the throw out bearing housing and shaft. I agree with BiggRigg on the bearing. If it is the incorrect bearing size that could be the cause. Do you have a pic of the TO bearing surface/face that touches the forks to see if it is contacting anything?

8. Arkansas Dave

Arkansas Dave High Wheeler

any updates how's the Scout?

AD

800bman likes this.
  9. 800bman

800bman High Wheeler