anyone bowhunting?

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Binders Association' started by Brian Schermann, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Brian Schermann

Brian Schermann Binder Driver

I had my first night back in the woods. Jumped 2 deer walking in to my stand this afternoon. The wind & rain moved in. Didn't see anything the rest of the evening.

Maybe tommorrow.

Brian

2. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

I've been three times. Seeing a lot of yearlings, small yearlings. A couple of bucks, nothing spectacular yet.

E

3. Mike Moore

Mike Moore Dreams of Cub Cadets

Bow? Meh...
    Gimme somethin' that goes BANG! :)

4. Abowman41

Abowman41 Farmall Cub

Soon I hope. Been duck and goose hunting in WV. Plan on a couple days in a treestand next week. Fall is busier than I expected. Any plans for a work/shop/ride get together?

5. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

proud of that fiberglass beauty, aye? Gotta load it with deer to show the best part about that type of body. Leaving a little blood won't wreck the body.
    I probably won't be able to do much ride wise until after bow season (February) though I am considering Pinelands next weekend.

6. Brian Schermann

Brian Schermann Binder Driver

Got my first bow kill 2 weeks ago. a doe around 3yr old I guess. Nice quartering away shot at 15yds. She ran 30yds dropped in the ATV trail.

The rut is definitely on up here. Stared dwon a buck & doe at 60yds for over an hour this morning, she would not bring him closer... Going to get in a few more days this week before the shooting starts on Sat.

later
    Brian

7. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

I have not been able to get out through the bulk of the rut. Truck troubles. Think I can make it now, .... finally.

8. Abowman41

Abowman41 Farmall Cub

Went to GW Forest near Bridgewater, VA last week with my camper and long time hunting buddy. Damn cold, gas furnace in the camper wouldn't ignite and the deep cycle battery wouldn't hold a charge. Buddy was panicked about Gold tanking Friday. Twisted my knee on Saturday. Sunday the buddy want to go to his home in Great Falls so he could be near then I-net when the markets opened Monday. Said we could hunt his 2 1/2 acres in Fairfax County. Monday AM between 6:30 and 8:00 AM he arrows TWO very large 8 pointers. I hunted Monday, Tuesday and until 2PM Wednesday and saw only three deer and none close enough for a bow shot. At least my Buddy didn't have the freezer capacity for both deer and gave me the smaller 8-point after he checked them both in. Hope to hunt more this and next month with a bow. Would be happy to stick a doe.

9. Erik Morton

Erik Morton High Wheeler

With a front coming in, I think Tuesday will be a good day.