anyone been to tellico?

Discussion in 'Southeast Binders Association' started by 86reddawg, Jan 16, 2004.

1. 86reddawg

86reddawg Farmall Cub

i've got a 78scout, stock 4wd/4speed/v8, even the tires are just all terrain... but it's been good for driving simple trails so far...

i'm trying to convince my friend in chattanooga to meet up and head over to tellico for some wheeling (never been there), as it's a long weekend and i've got nothing to do here in cookeville... anyways, he's got an early 90's nissan with a stock bodylift and some decent offroad tires... so pulling the scout out of whatever hole it gets stuck in shouldn't be a problem... my question is, are there certain trails you guys would reccomend? i don't have any sort of lift, so clearance is a problem... neither of us have winches either...

thanks!

2. Sackett

Sackett Farmall Cub

3. Baradium

Baradium Lives in an IH Dealership

ah, cookeville... I've flown over it before I believe... hehe

You ever make it down to the boro?

4. Sackett

Sackett Farmall Cub

Home of Jack Daniels? I've been there for bonnarroo and passed through nashville a couple times.

5. 86reddawg

86reddawg Farmall Cub

home of JD is a bit from here in lynchburg, but tn yea...

That tellico website was where i was getting all my info, didn't know if you guys had any personal tips/places to go in stock 4wd's..

i've been to murphreesboro a few times, but never for wheeling...anything good around there?
    for that matter, i don't know of hardly any open public places in the middle TN area for some wheeling... you guys know of any other places?

btw, looks like it might be a go for sat/sun and maybe mon at tellico... in case anyone else is around or gonna be there, look for a rusty beat up scout :p

[​IMG]

6. 86reddawg

86reddawg Farmall Cub

well, made it back from tellico... gotta say, that place is not very good for stock vehicles... on the easiest of easy trails, we had to turn back 3/4ths the way into it simply because of clearance issues. I bottomed out alot that day... lots a new dents now, especially when i beached the whale on a rock... ended up pulling the exhaust pipe out an extra 2-3 inches... eventually found that it disconnected from the exhaust manifold. Also had a nasty scare with a tire in theback coming loose and making horrid noises... wore the drum screw posts down by about 10-15% :-\

note, the other tail pipe is even with the rear bumper over there :p

Attached Files: