Annual IHSTO Christmas tree run! Dec 13th!

Discussion in 'IH Scouts & Trucks of Oregon' started by binderbound, Nov 4, 2008.

1. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

That's right. Its that time of the year again. The annual tree and play in the snow run! December 13th 8:30 am
    We meet at the safeway parking lot in molalla. Its at the intersection of hwy 213 and 211. From there its a short jaunt up into the cascade foothills for some trees, campfire, and general good times.

Get your tree permit from any ranger station or forest service office.

This is a stock rig run. No fear of damage or breakage. Although, I can't claim responsibility if it does occur :D there will be the opportunity for the big rigs to play in the deep stuff as well.

As always, please come prepared. Spare tires, fluids, tow strap, functioning 4x4, etc...

Hope to see you there!

2. John Donnelly

John Donnelly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Events calendar updated, dates changed, and all that good stuff!

:)

-John

3. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Just wanted to bump this back to the top since it didnt get stickied. Coming up quick folks. I have been getting all the little things done to my scout that I have wanted to do for a while now. Now is a good time to start taking care of your rig as well.

Hope to see you there!

4. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

Just a heads up...The weather guessers are saying we could get snow down low saturday. If the weather is too bad or too dangerous to be out in, the run will be cancelled. We will just have to play it by ear right now, but keep it in mind. I know many of the people who wanted to come on this run arent local to the meeting location or not into using the roads with a bunch of inexprienced bozos.

We will see...

5. binderbound

binderbound High Wheeler

OK, after some back channel discussions and some serious weather watching, I think I'm gonna cancell the run. Between low turnout # and the possibility of snow later in the day saturday, its just not the best idea to do the run. i'm sorry to anybody who had their hearts set on this run. I will re-schedule the snow run for after christmas some time.

Again, Sorry:no:

6. Chrispucci

Chrispucci High Wheeler

Good call, Dan.

By 4pm Saturday, Newberg was an ice bowl and it would have been super UNSAFE to be out on the road for no good reason.

Thanks for being smart and putting saftey ahead of fun.