AMC 360 CJ TBI Install

Discussion in 'Injection Tech' started by johnnyrotten, Mar 6, 2018.

1. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Farmall Cub

I understood those instructions....granted one of the only parts I did actually understand.....and that is what I was doing but my numbers on the left half of the BLM table do not seem to be moving. I will admit my learning curve on this is a lot slower than I expected. I will keep plugging away at it till I get it. Thanks for your help.

2. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Farmall Cub

I think I figured out what was going on. Somehow I was saving my bins but not my changes. Me and Moates were having a hard time. I messed with it some more tonight and think its going much better. Still have a little fine tuning to do but I think I am on the right track. The timing thing still evades me on how to make sure it works without grenading my engine. Right now no ping, so I can live with it. I'll keep reading and see what happens...I have had a lot of AH HA moments when the light of knowledge has hit me during this exercise........

Attached Files:

3. Bill USN-1

Bill USN-1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Here's another tip that's mentioned several times i the threads....
    To keep track of your changes, go to the prom ID and change it according to the mod.
    Start with 1 and then change it for each time you make changes.
    you can even keep a little written log as to what you changed.
    Save the bin based on what you started with like ASDU-1, ASDU-2....etc
    If using tunerpro, you must save the changes made in each table before closing that table.
    Also look at the name at the top of the screen.
    it will normally have an asterisk next to the name if you made a change and haven't save the file.
    Tunerpro also creates a change file that tells you every change you made to the file.

4. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Farmall Cub

I am getting closer with the tune but I am having another problem that I cannot seem to figure out. Both of my injectors are leaking. I have replaced the o-rings about 4 times and usually after a day or two I will notice it smelling rich at lights and stop signs, and not idling down when I shift. I pop the air cleaner and every time the tops of both injectors are covered with a puddle of gas. I am lubing the o-rings, no sharp edges on the pots but every time they start leaking after a few runs. They do not leak right after I change them, it takes a while. What would cause this....13 lbs pressure...holds steady, return line is at 0. The little metal rings are under the o-rings. Not sure what I am doing to cause this. Any ideas? I have some other injectors but not sure what the specs are, they are aftermarket. Pretty sure they came from a truck 350 though. At least that is what I took them out of. The numbers on them are 01B2128. No colors. Summit lists them but no specs.

5. Bill USN-1

Never had an injector leak from the top so I would doubt it's the injector.
    Make sure upper and lower Orings go in the housing and are seated.
    Upper get ring under them.
    Make sure the top housing is not bent/warped.
    Use straight edge or a piece of glass with some 400 or 600 on it.
    No nicks.
    New gasket.
    Injector must be lined up with the small roll pin in the slot in the bottom of the housing.
    Make sure to lube and then push in by hand and make sure they pop into place as they seat.
    If they don't pop in then put a thin coat of lube on the injector itself.

6. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Farmall Cub

Ok, maybe I am doing this wrong. Little metal ring, o-ring then pod. Or is it little metal ring, pod, then o-ring? The instructions with the kit are fuzzy on the order.

7. Bill USN-1

metal rings then orings seated on top of metal rings then injectors seated in housing, then gaskets then cover

8. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Farmall Cub

Thanks Bill, I finally found a U Tube video that showed it clearly.

9. johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten Farmall Cub

I messed with the tune some more. Took a drive around tonight and will tweak it a little more. I think I am getting close to having it worked out. The o-rings are still sealing so I did something right. LOL ! I am having 1 issue but not all the time. The revs are slow to come down when shifting. I read here that it has something to do with the throttle follower in the bin? Is there a way to tweak this? I see where you mentioned this several times but never said where it can be found. About the only option I saw was to try an auto bin. Is there any way to tweak the throttle follower in a manual bin?

Attached Files: