Amazon carb for scout ii

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by oscarthescout, Feb 10, 2019 at 1:00 PM.

1. oscarthescout

oscarthescout Farmall Cub

I have not been in this forum for almost 10 years back when it was the binder bulletin. Good to see there is still an active community of enthusiast here still. I am trying to get my scout back on the road for a summer family adventure trip across country. Has anyone used this carbon amazon Mine is gummed up from ten years of old fuel. Thinking about starting fresh.
    https://www.amazon.com/Carburetor-Barrel-Carb-2100-Engine/dp/B077HQP51S

I have a 79 scout ii with a 304 and a 727 auto. I.am concerned that the trans linkage will not work. But for the price seems like worth a try. I have had good luck with Amazon carbs for small engines

2. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

Looks like a China knock off.

Go with a Holley 2300. 0-80350

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Patrick Morris and jeff campbell like this.
  3. scoutboy74

scoutboy74 Lives in an IH Dealership

Read the reviews on it, especially the negative ones.

4. RinTX

RinTX High Wheeler

Go with a Holley 2300 carb. Get it from a reputable place.

5. mallen

mallen High Wheeler

What carb do you have on it? In my mind, carburetors are not typically parts you replace, you rebuild. Cheap replacements, which are usually just old carbs someone ELSE has rebuilt are often bad news. They can be jetted wrong or adjusted wrong or just plain screwed up so bad they cant even be fixed. Good replacements are not cheap, and if they are not the one specifically for your vehicle you have to get the jets right before it will run right. Most aftermarket carbs are jetted for a small block chevy. Replacing your carb with one thats "universal" falls under the category of "almost bolt on". Its that almost that you spend a lot of time on. Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of circumstances where its a reasonable idea. (for example, you get a vehicle with a totally WRONG carburetor on it ,or where the carburetor is cracked or damaged beyond repair and cant find the one that goes on it, or your looking for a performance upgrade and willing to put the effort in) But be aware that theirs some effort involved to get things running well. Yes, people run at the stock settings, but there is are a reason that each engine came from the factory with a carburetor jetted for that specific engine. It can run ok, but it wont run perfect unless its tuned for that specific application.